Wednesday, June 14, 2017

For the love of books [May] and a little bit of June

I am happy with the amount of books I have read so far. I may not have a lot of time to read but I do allocate a few minutes a day for reading or listening to the audiobook of the same book. When I got suck into the make believe world sometimes it's hard to get out of

Love Books May

HERE ARE A FEW BOOKS I've READ

Memory Man by David Baldacci (LOVE)
I read the audiobook and the ebook version Memory Man. I really enjoyed the book. It's an interesting take on a detective stories. I have read a lot of detective stories over the years but nothing like Amos Decker. Only a unique person like him can survived the trauma of watching all of his family killed by someone from his past. I will definitely read the second and the third book of Amos Decker series. 

The Last Mile by David Baldacci
After Memory Man I can't seem to get enough of Amos Decker. I tried to read Illuminae but I just can't fall in love with that world yet. I still want to know what happened to Amos Decker when he went to Quantico.
The Last Mile is the second book of Amos Decker series and it's the first book of him in his new job in a special team in FBI. His determination in finding the truth about what happened to Melvin Mars parents really help saves Melvin Mars lives. Even though this suppose to be a thriller genre but it has a lot of emotions and human drama in it. I just can't put it down. It's sad when you really took the time to think about it how a young man's life ruined because he was falsely accused of the murder of his parents and spend twenty years in prison while waiting for his death penalty execution. 

Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 
This is definitely a psychological thriller book which it's very difficult to follow. It's a bit hard to get into the story at first because there were so many characters narrated as the first person and third person. 
Once you recognised the characters and their relationship to each other it's easier to follow. 
I can't believe that these kind of stories happened in a town where anybody know everybody.So many death surrounding the town and the river flow through out the town. I just wish that Paula focus more on one main characters and told the story from he or she's perspective. I didn't feel sorry for any of these characters. No one that I connect to on intimate level. A character which I love and don't want anything bad happened to them. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy reading the story but after it ended these characters did not stay with me.

Currently reading
1. Her Every Fear by Peter Swanson
2. The Fix by David Baldacci

The next book on my reading lists
1. While You Were Sleeping by Kathryn Croft ( I really need to start reading this)
2. Behind Closed Doors by B.A Paris

I am looking forward to a good reading month and Eid Mubarak.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...