It's crazy how fast a year went by. I am still trying to finished up documenting my One Little Word for 2016 and I realize that 2017 is already here. I love my word Focus which I really enjoy exploring in 2016. Focus really helps me to get my priority straight and living my life more intentionally.
I have been playing with One Little Word project for a few years now and I really enjoyed the process.
My One Little Word that I choose in the last six years were:
No matter how I document my word in the past, either a lot or little I still benefit from choose one little word as a lens for me to explore my year.
I have no idea what word I wanted to invite into my life this year until I read a blog post by Ali Edward. She choose Connect as her one little word for 2017 and suddenly that word hit me to the core. I have been focusing a lot on my life for 2016 that I seldom connect and relate to others. So this year I decided to invite Connect into my life with open arm.
I don't technically join Ali Edward class this year, but from last year experience I am confident that I have the inspiration and the motivation to keep Connect alive for 2017. This year I decided to join Fit2017 class by Cathy Zielskie which I believe can help me connect with my fitness journey.
So my goal with my one little word is to:
* Connect with more understanding. I am not good with understanding people. People scares me a lot.
* Connect with my job. I have been working at my current job for more than twenty years. Somehow along the way I feel lost and disconnected with what I do. I want to reconnect with my passion for technology and helping people to do their jobs effectively. I have no idea how I am going to do this but ot has been bugging for a really long time.
* Connect with memory keeping. I have a scrapbooking burn out! I never thought that this day will happened. I have been scrapbooking for the longest time and suddenly I realized that I just can't scrapbook anymore. So this year I want to feel more passionate about memory keeping and explore different ways I can do that.
* Connect with living intentionally . I don't want my life to pass me by without doing anything about it. I want to live more intentionally. I want to be more connected with my daily life activities or routine that might seem mundane but make up your life in a big picture - like exercise, solah, eating, drinking, reading, journaling, grooming.
* Connect with nature / real world. I have been exploring hiking in 2016 as my way to loose weight. Even though I don't really like outdoor activities like camping or hiking, I wanted to be outside more. I have been too connected in the virtual world that I seldom connect in real world. This is going to be one of the toughest thing for me to do but I am going to try.
At this point of time I have no idea how I am going to achieve these goals. It doesn't really matter at the moment because I have twelve months to explore this word.
I also like the idea of exploring the opposite of my word which is Disconnect / Unlink. A few things I want to get rid off or disconnect with:
* Take things personally- I tend to take things personally a lot and this can easily cause me unnecessary stress.
* Overwhelmed with too many things - I need to embrace the idea of less is more.
For now I think this word is going to be a joy and a challenge for me. I am an introvert person by nature and connection with others is not something comes naturally to me.
I have the feeling that this year is going to be an amazing year
"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Channel
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone