Wednesday, January 25, 2017

16 things I learned in two thousand sixteen

I have always like the beginning of the year. It's usually the time that you reflect on things that happened last year and assess lessons you have learned last year. Overall I think 2016 is one of the best year of my life. I have did so many things I never thought possible and I have never thought I would ever do.

Lesson Learned in 2016

HERE ARE SIXTEEN THINGS I LEARNED IN TWO THOUSAND SIXTEEN

1. I learned that I can walk up the stairs up until 18th floor! I usually set my mind that I only take the stairs up to my office's floor which is on the 5th floor. I've always felt out of breath every time I reached 5th floor. Than one day I follow my office mate up until 18th floor in less than ten minutes. It's amazing what you can do with the right company and the right attitude.

2. I really enjoy doing cardio more than I should have. I need to add more strength training in my workout routine this year. That means I am definitely going to do more The Master's Hammer and Chisel and Get Ripped workout this year

3. I learned that weight loss progress doesn't always reflect on a scale. I used to be so obsessed with seeing the number on a scale going down. When I can't see the number going down I felt so stressed out. This year I am definitely going to measure my progress by the clothes I'm wearing and by how strong I get. My goal this year is to do push up daily

4. Travel to other places definitely a good thing. It open up my mind to what life is like in other country. I would definitely love to travel more this year.

5. I really enjoyed reading self-help book. I read Getting Things Done, Better Than Before, Seven Habits of Highly Effective People and many more. I am definitely going to find more books related to productivity and self care. Read and implement them in my daily lives

7. I really miss doing Project 365. I decided to take a break from doing this project last year. I realised that I suddenly become lazy in documenting my life through photos. So this year I am doing Project 365 again and so far I am really enjoying it

8. It's ok to take a break from doing things that you love. For me I took a few months off from scrapbooking. I suddenly felt burnt out from scrapbooking. I didn't feel like making beautiful layouts anymore. All I want to do is live my life and write about them in my journal. Nothing more. 

9. There are many ways of saying no without really saying it. I learned that I still have to sharpened my skills in this area. In my line of work, saying no is rarely an option but there are other ways that you can say no without really saying no. Now I understand what my previous KSU meant by " there's a thousand ways of saying no". It's a little bit political which is hard for me to grabs but I am sure going to try.

10. Hiking! I seriously never would have thought I would be suck back into the hiking world. Thanks to Latiffah and Zahrina for this activity that I am addicted to. I am not really an outdoor person but I am definitely a sucker for doing anything that can burnt hundreds of calories and can take a lot of selfies at the same time. I am not going to set any hiking goals or go hunting for which Mountain to climb but I probably would not say no easily.

11. Invest in yourself! It is the best investment you ever made in your life! The greatest asset that you have is not your house, your car or your money. The greatest asset that you have is YOU. So don't be afraid to invest in yourself - emotionally, spiritually, physically and mentally. Read, Write, eat health food, no sugar, so salt, Journaling, Hiking, Running, donate, recite Quran, save money, travel , do what ever you have to do to keep yourself well maintain and functioning properly. I am definitely going to make a separately goals and action plan in these four core areas

12. Bullet Journal - I discovered that I love Bullet Journaling. At first I thought this method is a bit analog and restricted. I am so glad that I was wrong. Bullet Journal is definitely more flexible and it can evolved to be what ever you want it to be. Now I am hooked!

13. I am definitely more aware of habits. Before reading "Better Than Before" I thought habit is just the thing that you do on a daily basis without thinking about it. Habit definitely play an important role in our daily lives. The thing that stuck with me is in order to do things that is hard - turned them in habit and you don't have to think about it anymore. It just happened. That is why the bullet journal community focus hard on habit tracker. It's a tool that can help you develop new habits. So this year I am definitely going to develop a few new habits like doing Push Up daily and Donate RM1 a day and track them on my journal

14. I discovered Kindle in Malaysia! I can't believe it. Kindle has been in Malaysia for five years and I just knew about it during Big Bad Wolf book outlet at The Mines last December. After a lot of research I decided to buy Kindle Voyage even though I really want Kindle Oasis. Anyway I still enjoy reading on my Kindle and it's definitely feel more like a real paper compare to iPad mini. And I also learn how to convert epub books format to mobi format. 

15. Be grateful! Gratitude is not something that just happened. You just have to train your mind and your heart to see the good in people, the good in every bad situation and the good in everyday. It's easier to appreciate life what every thing is good but it takes a lot to see the good in a bad situation. Keeping a gratitude journal is essential to help you see the good things in your life even though sometimes you feel like your world is falling apart.

16. Never let the day go by without Reciting or listening to Quran. Quran is  definitely the best food for your soul. There's no better way of explaining what I learned from this habit, you just have to experience it for yourself. Sometimes it feels like magic.

That are some of the things that I learned in two thousand sixteen. I am sure there are many more that I learned that did not make the lists. I don't want this post to be super duper long because once I started to type I just can't seem to stop. 
Anyway, I would love to know what you lovely readers have learned in two thousand sixteen. Shared them in the comments below.

I am so looking forward to two thousand and seventeen. I am enjoying it so far. 

"Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself"~ Coco Channel

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...