Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Devil's Work // Book Review

I am in love with this book! I've finished reading this book in less than two weeks. I just love how Mark Edwards can write an ordinary story and put an evil spin to it.



What this book is about?

"A gripping psychological thriller from the bestselling author of Follow You Home and The Magpies.

It was the job she had dreamed of since childhood. But on her very first day, when an unnerving encounter drags up memories Sophie Greenwood would rather forget, she wonders if she has made a mistake. A fatal mistake.
What is her ambitious young assistant really up to? And what exactly happened to Sophie’s predecessor? When her husband and daughter are pulled into the nightmare, Sophie is forced to confront the darkest secrets she has carried for years.
As her life begins to fall apart at work and at home, Sophie must race to uncover the truth about her new job…before it kills her.excerpt from amazon.com


What do I think?

What I like about the book is how simple and ordinary lives of Sophie Greenwood and her office mate become a nightmare over shorter period of time. 

I really like that after all the books I've read by Mark Edwards, he can still surprised me. I definitely did not expect who was behind all those horrible things that happened in Sophie's lives.

I have an ebook and an audible version of this book and I enjoyed both format very much. 

I really like that the author included a character from this other book in this one. To me he has managed to create a world that feels so real to me.

One thing I learned from this book is not to judge people by what I think or suspect they did/do without having all the facts. Jumping to conclusion is definitely not good especially when you are new and don't really understand the culture of your new work environment. It can do more harm than good.


I highly recommend this book. This definitely made it to my top favorite book of this year


I can't get enough of Mark Edwards and I always looking forward to more books from him.


Currently reading - The Sister by Louise Jensen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...