Sunday, November 6, 2016

Hike this: Gunung Bukit Kutu

Date: 05 November 2016
Place: Kuala Kubu Baru, Selangor
Mount: Bukit Kutu
Heights: 1053 meters
Facts: "Bukit Kutu is a mountain near Kuala Kubu Bharu along the trunk road to Fraser's Hill. At 1,053m high, it was once a colonial hill station called 'Treacher's Hill', until usurped by neighbouring Fraser's Hill in popularity. Bombed by the Japanese during the war, it was eventually abandoned to wild, until even the access road (by cart rail) was lost in thick vegetation. Today, the only remains of the bungalows that once overlooked the lush valley are a chimney, fireplace and well (that still collects water), and stone walls at the other end of the ridge. It is a popular climbing spot on weekends, with beautiful views of the Titiwangsa mountain range and Kuala Kubu Bharu dam at the summit." excerpt from frasherhillinfo.com

I never would have thought that I wanted to hike again after my adventure to Mossy Mountain last August. I am not the kind of person who loves adventure and outdoor stuffs. I am still new to the hiking world. It is never my passion. One thing I love is walking and exercise. I love challenging my body to it's limit and see how far I can push myself. So I decided to join a hiking adventure to Bukit Kutu even though I was terrified especially during this monsoon season. 

I am happy that this time around my brother and my sister in law joinned me. I have never go hiking with my brother and it's kinda cool to share this experience with him. We decided to go there early because I am not sure if I can wake up so early in the morning, drive for two hours and then go hiking. I need my beauty sleep. 

We gathered at Masjid Jamek Kuala Kubu Baru around 6:45 am. There were fifteen people in our group including our guide for the trip, Mr Hafeez. We arrived at 'Kampung Orang Asli' around 8:00 am. 
I am so lucky that I don't have to carry any backpack. My husband was kind enough to carry the bag for both of us. He was a hiker back in the day. Hiking used to be his thing. I carry a waist pouch to hold my iPhone 7 plus - my go to camera for this adventure.
At the begining of the hike, when we have to cross the broken bridge. I wonder what happened to the bridge.


With the geng
Taking 5 minutes break at one of the check point
We went to the old bangalow abandon during colonial erra. I wondered who used to live there and what did they do isolated from the world. 
This is me climbing the tree at one of the landmark, welcoming me to Bukit Kutu





It's 12:36 pm when we reached the top. I have already reached 13,547 steps!! I am definitely going to push the limit today. I can easily reached 20,000 steps today.
If you want to see the panoramic view from the top, you have to climb the stairs and stand on the rock. I tried to climb but I am afraid of heights, I just can't do it. I don't think I want to take that risk. You will die if you fall from that rock. There's no rope or anything to prevent you from falling especially when the wind blows.

Untitled

We rest and eat our lunch near the top for about two hours. At around 3:00 pm we started our journey down. It looks like it was going to rain. I was so afraid to walk in the rain because the land is going to be slippery and I hate falling. I need to protect my knee at all cause.

Sure enough around 4:00 pm it was raining heavily and the track gets more and more challenging because the only way out is going down. 

Untitled Untitled

We arrived safely at the foothill around 6:00pm. I was wet and covered with mud all over. I was tired and not in the mood take any photos. I just can't wait to get back to civilisation where there's eletricity and a decent toilet.
This is definitely once in a life time opportunity that might never happened again and I am so glad that I did it. Thank you to my husband for the encouragment, to our guide Hafeez and to all my team member for helping me during the hike. And thank you also to my heart for working so hard to pump air into my lungs. 

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...