Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Cultivate a good Life // Appreciate things for what they are

Part of cultivating a good life is to appreciate things for what it is. I like to think of my life as person who enjoy the simple things and accept things as they are.
I would very much like to enjoy life at it's simplest form without have to spend lots of money on it.


My one little word (Focus) this year really helps me to focus on the little things and take them as they are and not worry too much about other things.

Climb the stairs


This small and free activity that I enjoyed doing every single day at work has helped me to feel my heart rate bit faster and improve my fitness level. At first I only did this alone because I was not sure if there was other like me. Well I was wrong because I was not alone. I found a few colleague and friends that enjoyed the same activity. Doing this with a friend really help boost my motivation and confidence. Who would have thought that I could climb the stairs from Ground Floor to 18th floor!  I am just going to enjoy the ride. Life is good again.

Using my iphone to its full potential


I am a techy person for as long as I can remember. I enjoy technologies. I am so thankful that I came from an era where people typed letters with typewriter to an era where people typed letters on their phone. Who would have thought that a smart phone can really changed the world. 
Sometimes it can really get overwhelmed because technologies changes and things changes way faster than we can adopt. My word for this year has help me to focus on one device and used it to its full potential. Since I bought an iPhone 6s I have used this device to take photos, blogging, track my fitness, journaling, finding my way around town, watch movies and favorite tv shows, learn how to cook, set appointment and reminder, communicate with friends and family, scrapbooking, coloring, scan things and many more. I stopped looking at what is out there. I am sure Samsung Note 7 is an amazing phone, and Sony Xperia XZ is a beautiful phone , I just have to stop looking for better phone because what I have right now works. 


My Job

I have been working here for more than fifteen years and sometimes I feel like I have reached the limit of things that I can do and contribute here. It feels mundane and routine. It is so easy to hate this job. I need to find the inspiration and passion for my job again. I used to feel excited about work. So this year I am determine to find my passion again. I have to dig deeper and see all the good things around me. I have a great boss, an amazing team and co worker, interesting project to work on and I have my beautiful planner to help me stay on top of things. Slowly I begin to enjoy work again. This job might not paid as much but it's a steady income with lots of benefits. 

Reading

I discover reading again. I have left this world since I discovered internet. I am thankful that I have found the passion for reading again. I didn't realized that there's a community of youtuber that promotes reading and I discovered a lot of great books from there. It get me to start reading again. This hobby of buying books and reading can get overwhelm at times. So this year I am not going to set a high goal for reading a certain amount of books but I am setting a goal that I read something every day. I might get three or four books in a month or I might not. I am ok with it because the most important thing for me is I enjoy reading and I don't want to loose that feeling again.



"Be Creative, Show up and Focus on what's important"

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...