Tuesday, September 27, 2016

5 things that stuck with me // The One Thing book review

I finally finished reading The One Thing book by Gray Keller and Jay Papasan yesterday. I was curious to know more and this book was everywhere on the internet.

                       (not my photo. taken from the goodsuccess)

It took me awhile to finish the book due to long holidays and vacation time. I have no problem picking up where I left off. The One thing book is all about FOCUS and my one little word for this year is all about FOCUS. This is the right book for me to sharpen my word for this year. 

After reading this book these five things really stuck with me

#1. “What’s the ONE Thing you can do such that by doing it everything else will be easier or unnecessary?”  The question seem simple and yet not an easy one to answer.
The more I think about this the more it make sense. I have been struggling with loosing weight for as long as I can remember. It seems so out of reach. And then this year I bought myself a fitness tracker to track my 10,000 steps in a day. By choosing just one thing to focus on (in this case is 10,000 steps a day) everything else will be easier like burning 500 active calories and eating right.

#2. This book is all about Begin with the end in mind.
When you know you want to achieve at the end of your life, you will set your path and your goal in the direction of your goal.

#3. The Four thieves of your productivity really stuck with me
The four thieves are not able to say no, fear of chaos, poor health habits and unsupportive environment. You should be aware of these four thieves and try to stay away from them as much as you can.

#4. The six lies that cause us to loose focus. 
The six lies discuss in this book are:
 - everything matters equally
   I agree with this because things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things that matter least. 
 - multitasking
 - a disciplined life
 - willpower is always on will-call
 - a balanced life ( this lie really open my eye about a balance life because it doesn't exist. The solution is counter balance)
 - big is bad
He discussed a great length about these six lies in the book which I think is worth the time to read and understand what he meant.

#5. Live with Purpose
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself" - George Bernard Shaw
The one thing concept is all about creating the life that you want- live by design. By defining your purpose in life, you will set the priority and plan of action to fulfil your purpose. 

I highly recommend this book! 

Currently reading In the Clearing by Robert Dugoni (the third book of Tracy Crosswhite series). 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...