What the book is all about?
"Tracy Crosswhite has spent twenty years questioning the facts surrounding her sister Sarah’s disappearance and the murder trial that followed. She doesn’t believe that Edmund House—a convicted rapist and the man condemned for Sarah’s murder—is the guilty party. Motivated by the opportunity to obtain real justice, Tracy became a homicide detective with the Seattle PD and dedicated her life to tracking down killers.
When Sarah’s remains are finally discovered near their hometown in the northern Cascade mountains of Washington State, Tracy is determined to get the answers she’s been seeking. As she searches for the real killer, she unearths dark, long-kept secrets that will forever change her relationship to her past—and open the door to deadly danger." excerpt from amazon.com
1. Letting go of the past is the key to moving on. Tracy definitely carried the burden of leaving her sister for twenty years and it destroyed her marriage and her life.
2. Blaming yourself for what happened can really destroyed you.
3. Fabricating evidence and lies for a good reason can have a bad consequences. I may not agreed with what her father did but I can understand the reason. The ends still doesn't justified the means. Data integrity should be protected
4. Loosing someone that you loved unexpectedly can destroyed your life if you let it
5. Evils can comes in many forms. Crazy people doesn't seem crazy on the outside. I totally did not expect the ending. In the end when I read the chapter from Sarah's perspective I was sad and scary at the same time just because I have already know what happened to Sarah. It feels so real.
I highly recommend this book!
Currently reading Her Final Breath by Robert Dugoni ( the second book of Tracy Crosswhite series)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad