Wednesday, August 3, 2016

After Anna // book review

I have finally finished reading this book last weekend. It took me a long time to finish the book not because it's not good but I got distracted with other books on my list.

What the book is all about?
"No.1 EBOOK BESTSELLER. A SUNDAY TIMES TOP 10 PAPERBACK BESTSELLER. A USA TODAY PAPERBACK BESTSELLER.
The real nightmare starts when her daughter is returned…
A bone-chilling psychological thriller that will suit fans of Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn, Daughter, by Jane Shemilt, and The Girl on the Train, by Paula Hawkins.
A girl is missing. Five years old, taken from outside her school. She has vanished, traceless.
The police are at a loss; her parents are beyond grief. Their daughter is lost forever, perhaps dead, perhaps enslaved.
But the biggest mystery is yet to come: one week after she was abducted, their daughter is returned.
She has no memory of where she has been. And this, for her mother, is just the beginning of the nightmare." excerpt from amazon.com

What do I think?
-this is the first time I read a book by this author. The setting of the story is around London.
- It's every parent's nightmare to have a missing child. Going through the ordeal can changed people. 
- the book tell a story from the perspective of the mother and the kidnapper. You have no idea who the kidnapper was until the end of the book
- I kinda wish that the book has a different ending. I need it to end with a bang! A story like this deserved to have a great ending. Other than that I truly enjoyed the book.


I highly recommend this book if you like psychological thriller genre. It's well written and it's a little scary at times.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...