Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A letter to my future self {2020}

Dear Haniz

I am writing this letter today to mark the day I thought about the future. I seldom think about what my life would be like in the future but today I saw myself in the future and it's a little bit blurry.
Yesterday I attended National Geospatial Information Symposium Day at PICC. One of the keynote speaker talk about GIS for a better life and our future when 2020 comes. It got me thinking and wondering about what the world would be like in 2020. It's only 4 years to go. We are definitely a good planner but when it comes to implementation there's a lot of challenges that we must overcome.

I would very much like to see Malaysia blooming into a beautiful and corruption free country. The leader and the people moving in the same direction in harmony. I am not sure if you are almost there in terms of our target for Vision 2020.

Just to remind you .......
"Vision 2020 is not only a mission for Malaysia to advance economically, but also for the nation to achieve an ideal social and political environment. Apart from that, it emphasises on the betterment of governmental system, life quality, social and spiritual values, national pride as well as confidence.

To refresh our memory, here are the nine key challenges in Vision 2020:
Challenge 1: Establishing a united Malaysian nation made up of one Bangsa Malaysia.
Challenge 2: Creating a psychologically liberated, secure and developed Malaysian society.  
Challenge 3: Fostering and developing a mature democratic society.
Challenge 4: Establishing a fully moral and ethical society.
Challenge 5: Establishing a matured liberal and tolerant society
Challenge 6: Establishing a scientific and progressive society.
Challenge 7: Establishing a fully caring society.

Challenge 8: Ensuring an economically just society, in which there is a fair and equitable  distribution of the wealth of  the nation.
Challenge 9: Establishing a prosperous society with an economy that is fully competitive, dynamic, robust and resilient. " excerpt from malaysiandigest.com


Four years for now, I would very much like to have or see.....

- financial stability and freedom

- more confident and calmer

- not to worry about very basic thing in life like food, shelter and clothing

- free high speed internet

- flexible working hours - no more punch card

- people are more kinder to each other, no more stealing other people husband

- I am not sure about Bangsa Malaysia but at least if we can speak the same language that would be the start

- I wonder what the next smart phone would be like, I definitely will have one of those

- will I be a grandma in 2020? hemmmm that's a little bit scary

- healthy lifestyle is the norm and healthy food are easy to find

- Hajj perhaps

- exercise and working out is part of everybody lifestyle instead of facebook

- I would like to visit Paris and London before I retired, make sure you plan for it

- renovate my home, make sure the plan start moving this year

- will the government 3.0 be a reality in 2020?

- Am I still alive four years from now?

My intention for writing this letter to you, as a time capsule to capture what I am thinking about, what my hope for, what I intend to do. I intend to read this letter again four years from now and see how I evolved, how Malaysian evolved four years from now.

A little facts to capture right now
- Malaysian Prime Minister is Dato' Sri Najb bin Razak
- Malaysian ringgit is at RM4.2 to USD1.00
- Petrol price right now RON95 RM2.10
- Movie ticket -RM10.00
- Netflix is available in Malaysia for RM30
- iflix is the fist streaming video services in Malaysia
- Tun Dr Mahathir is still alive and he is worried about where Malaysian is heading with the current management 
- facebook is the place where people talk about other people and it's getting out of control
- the young generation has moved on to instagram, periscope and snapchat
- Twitter is still the best mean of communication
- Millions of content is created daily
- Paper planner is the rage right now
- H&L 1 litter milk cost RM6.60
- ooo we are still suffering from the implementation of 6% GST nation wide. Most of the price are higher now, not one thing decreased because of GST. Rich people get richer, poor people suffer.
- Olympic RIO 2016 is happening right now
- torrent search engine closed!
- ebook reader is the best thing that ever happened! I started to love reading again
- washi tape obsession is a thing now
- Project Life app is the most amazing app for scrapbooking at the moment


I am hoping that four years from now things will be different and hopefully for the better. I am hoping that the price will decrease and the currency will be back to normal. 

Love 
your younger self

---------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...