It has been a long time since the last time I review a book I have just read. I've finished this book in April before my vacation. I just didn't get around to write a review yet. So today I will take the time to review this book because I love Will Robie series by David Baldacci. I have read three out of four books form this series. The Guilty is one of my favorite book from this series.
What the book is about?
"Will Robie escaped his small Gulf Coast hometown of Cantrell, Mississippi, after high school, severing all personal ties, and never looked back. Not once. Not until the unimaginable occurs. His father, Dan Robie, has been arrested and charged with murder.
Father and son haven't spoken or seen each other since the day Robie left town. In that time, Dan Robie--a local attorney and pillar of the community--has been elected town judge. Despite this, most of Cantrell is aligned against Dan. His guilt is assumed.
To make matters worse, Dan has refused to do anything to defend himself. When Robie tries to help, his father responds only with anger and defiance. Could Dan really be guilty?
With the equally formidable Jessica Reel at his side, Robie ignores his father's wishes and begins his own desperate investigation into the case. But Robie is now a stranger to his hometown, an outsider, a man who has forsaken his past and his family. His attempts to save his father are met with distrust and skepticism . . . and violence.
Unlike the missions Robie undertook in the service of his country, where his target was clearly defined, digging into his father's case only reveals more questions. Robie is drawn into the hidden underside of Cantrell, where he must face the unexpected and possibly deadly consequences of the long-ago choices made by father and son. And this time, there may be no escape for either of them." excerpt from amazon.com
What do I think?
1. This is definitely my second favorite book this year
2. If you love Will Robie character you are going to love this book. You will learn more about Will Robie, who he was and where he came from.
3. I totally did not expect the ending. I like when I was surprised by the development of the story. It makes sense to me.
4. I really like the scene when Jessica Reel came to his rescue. I like the two of them together. Great chemistry.
5. The thing I can conclude from this book is you cannot run from your past, family always find a way to come together and revenged is never good for the soul.
I highly recommend this book for anyone who loves thriller. The audiobook is also amazing. It's a fun and enjoyable read.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone