Sunday, May 15, 2016

My progress so far // with fitbit alta

Ever since I bought fitbit alta last month, I have been obsesses with hitting 10,000 steps a day. I used to think that I was pretty active but when I looked at my statistic apparently I was not. It is not easy to hit 10,000 steps a day when you have a desk job. With fit bit alta I can now monitor my steps and make sure I stand up, walk around, take the stairs every chance I get so that by the time to go home I am already beyond 80% from my target.


I am so happy to report that I am able to hit 10,000 steps a day for a week now. Having a fitness tracker like fitbit really helps me stay active and have managed to get me excited about moving around. Now my challenge would be to hit 10,000 steps during weekend especially when I don't have anything plan but rest at home. Adding a workout routine in the mix really helps speed up the steps count.

My tips to increase steps
1. Take the stairs instead of elevator - This really help me a lot. I usually take the stairs when I'm going to my office in the morning and when I left in the evening. Sometimes I like to challenge myself and take the stairs just for fun during lunch break. Currently I am only focusing taking the stairs until 5th floor.
2. Take the longest route - either to the bathroom or to the meeting room.
3. Walk around the meeting room if I have been sitting for too long
4. Visit my team mate at their desk when I have something to discuss
5. Jog in place for 60 seconds at a time if I was short on time. The sudden burst of heart rate increase that help boost calories burn and my steps as well

I can tell you after doing these for two weeks I am not able to sit in place for long. Sitting makes me uneasy and uncomfortable. I just have to stand and move. I guess our body is meant for moving.

Notes: I am currently doing 21 day fix extreme. It's the hardest workout I have ever tried. I am still having trouble completing Dirty 30 and I am on week two. I seriously can say that with this program I have managed to loose a few pounds in two weeks.

"Be Creative, Show up and Focus on what's important"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...