Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Accepting who you are

Part of cultivating a good life is accepting who you are. I was not the kind of person born with high self-esteem and confidence.

I have struggled with these issue for the longest time. Living in a culture where people only see the bad things in you wasn't easy for me. I was constantly reminded of how horrible I was and how bad I did things.

I admit that I was not like other people here. I think differently, I believe different things and I like things that were not normal for a girl to like.I am grateful that Allah allowed me to study in America. It was the best thing for me. Even though I was so afraid to leave my hometown, I was so excited with all the possibilities and adventure waiting for me.

While I was there I learned a lot about myself. Apparently I am normal and I am not crazy. Learning to love myself grew slowly as I rediscovered who I am and what I want in life. I am still learning and reinventing myself until now but at least I don't hate myself anymore. As long as what I do and love doesn't contradict with my believe, I am going to tell myself -- "Biarkan si luncai terjun dengan labu-labunya" and I am not going to get suck into Bangau oh bangau syndrome. 


I am a Muslim
I am a woman
I am a mother
I am a wife
I am a daughter
I am a boss
I am a follower
I am a leader
I am a teacher
I am a student
I am a reader
I am a fitness enthusiast
I am in love with Scrapbooking
I am a memory keeper
I love exercise and working out
I love all pretty things
I love technology
I love planner
I love making lists
I am passionate
I love completely 
I love books
I love knoweledge
I am obsess with stationaries
I like collecting notebooks and journals
I write, I journal
I don't cook just because I am not really good at handling fire
I love music
I am a happy person by default
I am easily trouble by the bad things that happened in the world
I love learning new things
I love stories and histories

Everyday that I am alive I want to reinvent myself, learn more, love more and explore the world around me. Life is too short to be someone else.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...