Saturday, April 2, 2016

Books I've read growing up

I am in my forties and I have read books since I was in preschool. The fondest memories I had while I was growing up was when my mom read me a story from a fairy tale book while I was doing her hair. I think that was the moment I fall in love with books and stories. I let my mind wondering that I was a beautiful princess living in a beautiful castle.





Here are a few books that I growing up reading
[at least the one that I still remember]

#1. Fairy tales story like Cinderella, Snow White and Seven Dwarfs and many more. I probably read the one in Malay

#2. Sweet Valley High Series - my first english book that I read in my teen

#3. Hardy Boys series
I think I still have them in my parent house. Probably the translated version.

#4. Nancy Drew series- this was when my love for mystery and thriller started to develop.

#5. Malory tower series - the book I got me started to fantasised about living somewhere in Europe






#6. Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens - I had to read this book for school but I think I enjoyed it

#7. Famous Five by Enid Blyton
Another mystery book with lots of action and clues that kept you guessing

#8. Salina by A. Samad Said
I don't really remember much about this book but I think I read it too early. This is definitely an adult book

#9. Bercakap dengan Jin by Tamar Jalis
This one I do remember because my mom loved it. I can't sleep well after reading a book. So many scary stuff in there.

#10. The secret of terror castle - Alfred Hitchcock and three investigat
Don't remember much but I think it's about mystery, clues and some bad guy.

It definitely would be nice if I could reread some of them now.
Does any of you remember or read these books? Let me know what you think?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...