Thursday, March 10, 2016

5 lesson learned from Better Then Before

I bought this book last year and did't touch it until February this year. I bought the audiobook with my audible credit and start listening to it everyday while driving and continue for one hour with the book at the office.


I've finished reading this book in less than a week, which is a record for me. Some people hate this book and some people love it. I don't have any problem with Gretchen's writing style. I love the fact that I learned a lot from this book. So these are the 5 lessons learned from Better than Before!

1. Habits make change possible by freeing us from decision making and from using self-control
This really a powerful statement. I never have thought how important habits are in our daily lives. I usually took habits for granted and never really monitor and take stock of my habits. I really like that this book open up my eyes about habit. Now I want to read more books about habits.

2. The four tendencies - Upholders, Questioners, Obliger and Rebels

After taking a test on Gretchen's blog I discovered that I am an Upholders. No wonder I don't have any problem forming a habit and I was curious why some people can't stick to a new environment. Now I know. Before reading this book I don't even realise that these tendencies influence changed and habits formation.

3. Establish a daily routine is essential.

It promotes habits and as Gretchen stated in her book, habits are the invisible architecture of everyday life. When we master our habits we can make out lives better than before

4. Four pillars of habits that can help when you want to change - Monitoring, Foundation, Scheduling and Accountability.

These knowledge gives a whole different perspective for a planner girl like me. I already have a planner, all I have to do is add in habit tracker or set goals of a certain habits I want to add into my life.

5. Formation of habits are different for different people

This give me an understanding of why some people struggle with habit formation and some people can changed instantly.

I hope you enjoyed reading this post and gave you in depth perspective about Better Than Before. I highly recommend this book if you want to know more about habits.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...