Thursday, January 21, 2016

Because she loves me // the review

Ever since I read Follow You Home by Mark Edwards, I have been obsessed with his style of writing. I started reading this book late last year and finally finished in the first week of January. The reason it took me longer to finish this book is because there were so many things happening in December that effect my reading time.


What the book is all about?

"A gripping tale of jealousy, obsession and murder, from the No.1 Bestselling author of The Magpies.
When Andrew Sumner meets beautiful, edgy Charlie, he is certain his run of bad luck has finally come to an end.
But as the two of them embark on an intense affair, Andrew wonders if his grasp on reality is slipping. Items go missing in his apartment. Somebody appears to be following him. And as misfortune and tragedy strike his friends and loved ones, Andrew is forced to confront the frightening truth...
Is Charlie really the girl of his dreams – or the woman of his nightmares?…" excerpt from amazon.com

What do I think?
- This book definitely surprised me. I did not expect it at all. I really like a book that can surprised me like that.
- the story about a boy meet a girl, fall in love and not so happily ever after from there on
- the total madness and the jealously in this book is totally understandable. It shows how lies and betrayal can destroy a relationship. 
- I would have like to hate Charlie but somehow I can understand her point of view. I am not sure if I like Andrew but I can sympathise him. He had a hard childhood.
- I am so ready to read Magpie now. Mark Edwards really makes me crave for more!!!!!

I highly recommend this book if you like psychological thriller and your heart can take it.

I recommend that you buy the kindle version and you get the audio book at a cheaper price.


Currently reading Magpie by Mark Edwards

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...