Thursday, August 20, 2015

Beginner Guide to become a planner girl

I have been obsess with all things related to planner since last year. It was an obsession that can really be so expensive over time. Somehow you can't never have enough planner. You just want to own every one of them. I have never realise that the planner world is so pretty and expensive at the same time.
If you are a girl and you are new to the planner world, here are a few things that you need to know before investing in this hobby. Before you start the first thing that you need to understand is calendar does not equal to planner. I still use my google calendar app for scheduling meeting and agenda, so I will have a reminder popping up on my phone screen. For me a planner host a lot more like appointments, goals, journal, notes, to do lists and many more.

HERE ARE MY TOP FIVE GUIDE FOR BECOMING 
        A PLANNER GIRL      

1. Digital or Paper


Some people work better with paper and some people work better with digital gadget. If you have an iPad, I suggest you check out digitallyspeaking.net for a digital version of the planner. Check out this video for a guide on this digital planner.

2. Ring Binder or Spiral

Deciding which planner to use can be tough. It's all depend on your lifestyle and what you are comfortable with. If you are a student and don' really have lots of stuffs going on, spiral planner might be sufficient. If you have a busy lifestyle and need to manage different aspect of your life than a ring binder might be for you. Ringer binder planner offer more flexibility compare to spiral bound planner. 

3. Know the size


Little did I know that there's so many terms that they used in planner community. You do need to know if you want a large size planner or a personal size planner. Some of the company will used the term A5, personal or pockect, some will use Large, medium and small terms for sizes. So you have to be careful when ordering these planners online. They usually will state the size of the planner in the description box. Make sure you are buying the right size for your need.

4. Clear objectives 


"Begin with the end in mind" is always a good thing to do. Not only you will save time and money, you will be more productive and getting things done a lot more. At least have an idea what do you want to use your planner for either for work, for school or for home management. Find a system that works for you. I am still learning in this area. Getting things organise into a system that works for me needs a lot of experiment and research. I am still testing which design and systems works for me. Hopefully next year I will find my perfect system.


5. Recognise your style

Before investing in all the planners goodies like pens, color pencils, washi tapes, stickers, ribbons, printer and many more, just make sure you do your research first like watching Plan With Me youtube video. If you are minimalist you might not need a lot of supply. For all you know you might only use a pen and just doodling on your planner. 

My advise is if you are totally new with planner, just invest in a beautiful planner that you like and a pen. Start making a habit of planning and writing things down.

Here are a few youtube channels that I enjoyed watching

1. Insided my Erin Condren Life Planner + Stationary Organisation Tips!
2. iPlanner Digital Planner
3. Digitally Speaking "iPlanner" Planner Review
4. Plan with Me! Kikki K Large Time Planer
5. 2015-2016 Erin Condren Life Planner | Vertical vs Horizontal Layout
6. Planning 101 - A Guid About All Things Planner
7. Anatomy of a perfect planner | Kikki K Time Planner Filofax Setup
8. Plan with Me | Week 23 in my WP Color Crush Planner
9.  Intro to my Planner for 2015 // Fauxidori, Midori Traveler's Notebook
10. Midori 101: The Ultimate How to for the Midori Traveler's Notebook
11. How I Stay Organized Inside My Planner
12. How to Stay Organized: Inside My Erin Condren Planner | Belinda Selene
13. Doodle on your Planner

Hopefully this post helps a little bit if you are new to planner world and don't know where to start. Just remember a great planner is a planner that works for you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...