Saturday, April 25, 2015

Big Little Lies : Book Review

I bought this book last year. I only got around at reading it this year. This is the first book of this author that I bought and I am not sure if I am going to like the book. It has a chic lit vibe to it but at the same time it's a little bit complex. I decided to just go a head and read the book , well actually I was listening to the book and reading the book at the same time. 



Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty

What is this book about?
"Big Little Lies follows three women, each at a crossroads:
Madeline is a force to be reckoned with. She’s funny and biting, passionate, she remembers everything and forgives no one. Her ex-husband and his yogi new wife have moved into her beloved beachside community, and their daughter is in the same kindergarten class as Madeline’s youngest (how is this possible?). And to top it all off, Madeline’s teenage daughter seems to be choosing Madeline’s ex-husband over her. (How. Is. This. Possible?).

Celeste is the kind of beautiful woman who makes the world stop and stare. While she may seem a bit flustered at times, who wouldn’t be, with those rambunctious twin boys? Now that the boys are starting school, Celeste and her husband look set to become the king and queen of the school parent body. But royalty often comes at a price, and Celeste is grappling with how much more she is willing to pay.
New to town, single mom Jane is so young that another mother mistakes her for the nanny. Jane is sad beyond her years and harbors secret doubts about her son. But why? While Madeline and Celeste soon take Jane under their wing, none of them realizes how the arrival of Jane and her inscrutable little boy will affect them all.
Big Little Lies is a brilliant take on ex-husbands and second wives, mothers and daughters, schoolyard scandal, and the dangerous little lies we tell ourselves just to survive.excerpt from amazon.com

What do I think about the book?
- The story took place in Australia. I have never read a book where the location of the characters in Australia. The narrator of the audiobook was so pleasing and I really enjoy listening to her. 
- this is my first book by Liane Moriarty. I like her writing style. She makes me want to know more about the characters and care about them. 
- I can totally relate to Celeste issue - perfect couple on the outside but not so sweet on the inside.
- The book  deal with normal parenting issues dealing with ex husband and his new family, teenage outrages behaviour, infidelity, age, beauty, bully and many more. I totally did not expect that some die in this book.
- I like the mysterious setting of the book when they were talking to the police and the police said it's a murder investigation and I said to myself - who died? That one kept me reading. I really want to know.
- I will definitely read more book from Liane. In fact right now I am listening and reading her The Husband's Secret. 

I highly recommend this book to anybody who loves chic lit and mystery

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...