Saturday, January 18, 2014
I was so inspired by Becky Higgins Stories of Home mini album, that I thought I would love to do one for myself, documenting my home right now. Before I rush out and bought more beautiful mini album from Project Life line, I plan to take details photos of my home, write a few journaling in my DayOne App as I see fit.
When I reach 80 photos of my home, than only I am going to buy myself a mini album (as a reward) from project life brand and make an album. Making an album is the easy part, making the time to take the photos is the hardest part.
These is what I got so far..
My favourite lamp from Ikea. I bought this lamp way back when were living in our old house. I think that was six years ago.
This is a photo of my current album a.k.a pre Project Life. I am totally going to convert some of them to Project Life album... Got to remember, keep it simple.. Simple = Done!
This flower deco on my coffee table is the latest edition to the living room. I bought them at Romantica for Eid.
And this wall frame deco is also the latest edition to our living room. Finally we found a frame that is big enough for the big space on the wall.
My plan for the month and next month, is to snap a few photos of one are of the house weekly and blogged about them here. I think by the time I reached eight photos milestone, by album is 80% done. I just have to buy the album, print out the photos and slip them in the pocket album.
Somehow it feels good to embark on this simple project that adding the value to my afford to write more and documenting my life more this year.
Pixelily Designs has a new kit special for this time of the month called Everything has changed. I just love the colour theme and the elements in this kit, so fun and happy,
Have a fun and creative weekend!
Thursday, January 16, 2014
"Think about it this way…If you take one picture and write down three facts each week — at the end of the year you’ll have more than 50 photos of yourself and 150 facts about what life has been like. It would make such an epic All About Me book — and most of the work is already done."excerpt from http://rukristin.com
HERE IS MY PHOTO AND FACTS FOR THE WEEK
1. I love the fact that I only have to go to work for three days only. Two of the days are public holidays - Maulud Nabi and Thaipusam. This means more time for Project Life, Write and Scrapbook.
2. I am so inspired by Becky Higgins "The Stories of Home" project. I never thought of taking photos of the details of my home at this moment. I moved a lot in the last 15 years. It would be interesting if back then I took the time to capture the details of my home. I am sure my 2 years old would not imagine that a TV was once so bulky and heavy.
3. I am still dreaming of owning a Macbook Pro. This definitely would be a welcome challenge. I just love that the battery life last longer than normal laptop and it's also lighter and non upgradable.
Follow along each week using the hashtag #thursday3 dan taged me @hanizeyecandy. I want to see your selfie and read about you.
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
When I came a crossed this prompt from Kathy the Scrapbook Lady, I just had to write a blog post about it. I am totally up for the challenged.
The challenged is to take an old photo and journal about it like it was taken today. Don't worry that you don't have all the details written down! Search your memory and do the best you can to fill in the details.
I saw this photo of me and my parents in my old album. It was taken on 23 November 1971 during Eid, it was my first Eid. I think I was five months old at the time.
Being a young parents with a new baby girl was so exciting. I probably changed their world upside down. I am so glad that they took the time to do to a photo studio and captured this moment in time. Now forty two years later,that baby girl , who has grown up , can take a glimpse at what her life looked like back in 70’s. I just realized that I am like my mother, we love to take photos and scrapbook about them. If not for a little scribbled she wrote at the back of the photo, I would not have known that this was my first Eid.
When my daughter saw this photo, she thought that the young lady in the photo was me. I told her that I was the baby and the young couple were their grandparents. I knew that I just had to scan this, print them on A4 paper and hang them up. It’s such a treasure for me.
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
This year I am planning to write, just write or in other word documenting my life a.k.a journaling.
We are in our week three of twenty fourteen and I am starting to feel like inviting writing into my world is not as easy as I thought. Writing intentionally is the key here. So my plan for this month is to dedicate Tuesday as the day where I write a blog post dedicated to journaling. Since I am not the expert in writing or journaling, I found that journaling prompts from others can help me to start thinking and write a little bit more about myself.
Today I found this 15 fastest journaling prompt which I think can really help me get started.
- Favourite Colour – l love pink because this colour really help to cheer me up especially when I was in a bad mood.
- Favourite Movie or TV Character – Rachel Green from Friends. She is sweet, innocent and brave at the same time. (Suddenly I felt like watching this show all over again)
- Favourite Candy – I love chocolate and my current favourite is Cadbury plain chocolate.
- Favourite Drink – Ice Milo / hot chocolate
- Favourite Flower – I don’t really have any favourite flower at the moment.
- Favourite Collection – Definitely my Project Life stash, either the real version or the digital version of the kits
- Favourite Food – Spaghetti Aglio Olio or Spaghetti Cabonara
- Favourite Animal – I am not an animal lover so I don’t have any favourite.
- Favourite Movie – Pitch Perfect – I just love movie related to singing or dancing
- Favourite TV Show – The Vampire Diaries
- Favourite Season – Since we don’t have four seasons here, I think my favourite season would be end of the year, where we have sales all around and the school is out.
- Hobbies & Talents – Digital Scrapbooking, blogging, photography, reading, Project Lifer, Smash book and lister.
- Anywhere in the world I would like to be or go – Rome
- What I love to wear – I still love to wear my Levis jeans and a long sleeve T-shirt
- A way I like to relax – watching my favourite TV shows or scrapbooking
Thanks to Kathy the Scrapbook Lady for the inspiration
This lists definitely will go into my One Little Word Smashbook.
Monday, January 13, 2014
I had so much fun making these week layout. My life has already back into it’s normal routine. One small thing that is different was I participate in One Little Word workshop host by Ali Edward. Since this year I choose Write or in other word writing as my word for 2014, I have been obsess with documenting my life and write my story either in my journal or in this blog. So far I have one notebook for my unedited journaling, one notebook for my One Little Word prompt and one notebook for my to do lists. I am having a blast so far.
This is my Digital Project Life for Week 02
Side by Side
Supply: Project Life Design A template (free from Digital Project Life website), Digital Kit Turquoise Edition from digital project life.
Sunday, January 12, 2014
These are all of my life in photos for the week. I am loving my week so far even though I thought that it went a little bit too slow. I guess when all I can think of is Project Life, other things seems a little bit dull and routine. In case you haven’t notice, I am so obsessed with Project Life. I can’t believe how simple they are.
see your work and a glimpse of your life in 2014.