Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars, The Movie and The Quotes

I read the Fault in Our Stars last June. I like the book and it was enough to make me want to watch the movie. And then finally today I got the chance to watch the movie and I think I cried a lot watching the movie compare to when I was reading the book. This story really give me new meaning now. When you have experience the death of someone that you love it kinda give you a different perspective. Death, either you are expecting it or not, it is still hurt. The lost felt real to me.


What do I think about the movie?
1. Go and watch them now. You will not regret it.
2. “I fell in love with him the way you fall asleep,” says Hazel of Gus. “Slowly, and then all at once. - A quote like this makes watching the movie totally worth it. 
3. Shailene Woodley portray Hazel perfectly. I felt a little bit weird watching Shailene and Ansel as a couple after watching Divergent where they were sibling
4. This is definitely an emotional roller coaster ride for me especially when I already know the ending and I still cry
5. I will definitely watch this movie again and reread the book again 

5 of my favourite Quotes from the movie / book

#1. "You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world. But you do have a say in who hurts you. I like my choices."


#2. "I fell in love the way you fall asleep. Slowly and the all at once."



#3." Okay" he said after forever. "Maybe okay will be our always."  "Okay"



#4."I'm in love with you and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things."



#5. "Some infinities are bigger than other infinities"

(photos credits: various sources from internet)

My take on the movie
When I watched Hazel read her eulogy to Gus, I finally understood. No matter how long or how little time that we have in this world, we will have infinite. I finally understood that there are so many numbers between 0 and 1, if we embrace every single number we might have infinite in our hand. Such a brilliant storytelling. The words really stuck to me.
Right now I am dealing with the death of my mother. I always felt like I want more time with her but the truth is I already have infinite with her. I was just too stupid or too naive to realise that.
I am so thankful for the little infinity that I have with her. I will remember her. She means the world to me. I love her deeply. And one day we might meet again in different world and form all together. This world is just temporary and what matter is we make the best of it, live hard and love hard.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...