Friday, September 12, 2014

Insurgent and Veronica Mars book review

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

 Untitled
I've read Divergent and watched the movie, so naturally I want to know what happened to Tobias and Tris.

What is this book about?
"Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so" excerpt from amazon.com

What do I think about the book?

- love the book cover
- It's very hard to keep track which faction they were in. Because this book is nothing but chaos.
- Tobias and Tris fought a lot in this book and I am not sure I like that
- the factionless ? I am not sure how they fit into all this
- so many death and so many new characters introduce here
- I am no sure if I like Tobias in this book but Christina I like
- I am not so sure I want to read Allegiant after reading Insurgent. I am not sure I want to know more about the world. Probably I will wait for the movie to come out.

** I recommend this book if you are into dsytopian world and really like Divergent. It is still a fun read.

Veronica Mars: the Thousand Dollars Tan Line by Rob Thomas and Jennifer Graham


After watching the movie, I just got to read this book. What's not to like about Veronica Mars, she's fun, witty and brilliant.

What is this book about?
"Ten years after graduating from high school in Neptune, California, Veronica Mars is back in the land of sun, sand, crime, and corruption. She's traded in her law degree for her old private investigating license, struggling to keep Mars Investigations afloat on the scant cash earned by catching cheating spouses until she can score her first big case.
Now it's spring break, and college students descend on Neptune, transforming the beaches and boardwalks into a frenzied, week-long rave. When a girl disappear from a party, Veronica is called in to investigate. But his is not simple missing person's case. The house the girl vanished from belongs to a man with serious criminal ties, and soon Veronica is plunged into a dangerous underworld of drugs and organized crime. And when a major break in the investigation has a shocking connection to Veronica's past, the case hits closer to home than she ever imagined" excerpt from goodreads.com

What do I think about the book?

- Veronica Mars a private detective again after leaving the field for 10 years. This got to be good.
- I like that she has her old gang working for her
- I wish Logan is in the book more, hopefully he will in the next book
- I am pleasantly surprise with how the book ends. Totally not what I expected.
- I secretly wish she would join the FBI for awhile and left the field after 10 years to work with her father again.. but law school also not bad

** I definitely recommend this book if you are a fan of Veronica Mars. You will not be disappointed. Totally worth it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...