Monday, September 8, 2014

August Reads 2014

August is definitely not a good reading month for me. Dealing with a death of a mother really makes you rearrange a few of your priorities. Reading is definitely got push down the to do lists. In all the chaos I still managed to finished a few books from July and two new books from August.

August Reads

Books that I've finished in AUGUST 

1. The 6th Target (Women's Murder Club) by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro - the 6th series of Women's Murder Club series. The case is interesting and scary. It's always scary when it involves a missing child.

2. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey - Ah.. the alien invasion kinda book. It's a little bit hard for me to get into. I only like Cassie point of view. It's a little bit hard for me to imagine this world. It would be nice to see it on film. Looking froward to the second book this september.

3.The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike) by Robert Galbraith - I have never read a book by J.K Rowling (I only saw the Harry Potter movie hehehe.. ) I was pleasantly surprise by this book. I have always love a good detective book. I totally didn't expect the ending. I am looking forward to reading the second book of this series.

4. Divergent by Veronica Roth - I read this book after I watched the movie. It's a little bit different than the movie but I still enjoy the book.
 
Currently reading

1.Insurgent (Divergent) by Veronica Roth- the second series of Divergent. Not sure what to expect hopefully more action and love story between Tris and Four.

2. Veronica Mars: An Original Mystery by Rob Thomas: The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line - Love Veronica Mars and I just love that this book pick up where the movie left off. Can't get enough of Veronica Mars.

I am not sure if September will be a good month for me to read more. Hopefully I can cross a lot of books from my To Be Read Pile.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...