Wednesday, July 9, 2014

June Reads 2014

I did a lot of reading this June. I really surprise myself. I have never read this much book since a really long time. I have been fallen off the reading wagon since I discovered internet and blogging. And I have been blogging a long time.


Anyway late May I discovered book tubers on youtube and I was totally hooked and excited about reading again. I started purchased hardcopy books as well as audio book and ebook. I basically have my books with me all the time. I totally forgot how good it was to buy hardcopy books. I am so loving the smell of books. This is also one of the reason I can read more than one book a month. Hopefully I can continue this passion for reading stories in July.


june-reads

Three of the books that I've finished in June are:

1.Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - This is the first book I read by this author. I know I know it's a young adult genre but I don't really care. I did love Twilight Series and obsessed with the movies. 
This book is about a college girl named Cath, (which I total relate to because I am an introvert person and I love to get lost in books and fairytales. Reality scares me a lot). She learned a lot about herself in collage. I totally love the love story slowly develop between Cath and Levi. It's good summer reads. 


2. The Target (Will Robie) by David Baldacci - I have been a fan of David Baldacci but lately I find it totally harder to follow and concentrate when reading his book. I bought an audio version of the book and download the ebook. Amazingly I can follow the audio book without any problem and I've finished the book in a week.

This book is a series (if I'm not mistaken it's the third book of the series). I really enjoy reading about Reel and Robie. They work great together and I still think they should be together. By the way this is a spy book (an assassin) and I love spy and action book.

3. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - This is also the first book I read of this author. People on the internet land have been talking about this book and the movie, I just have to read it. I like the writing. Even though it's a young adult book, it touches a really heavy situation - Cancer. I haven't see the movie yet and I just can't wait for this movie to be available in Malaysia. Hopefully all of the cinemas show this movie.

Currently reading

1. Unravel Me (Shatter Me) by Tahereh Mafi - It's the second book of Shatter Me series. It's a dystopian novel which take me awhile to warm up to. I still haven't decide if I like the book or not.

2. Unlucky 13 (Women's Murder Club) by James Patterson - This is also part of Women's Murder Club and it's already on series 13. I might have to look for other book in this series. I like cop and crime/thriller genre.

Finished in July


1. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - This is the first book I read by Tahereh Mafi. This is totally different kind of writing. I am not sure if I like the style but I kept reading it. Juliette, Adam and Warner. Hemmm such a unique character. So far I haven't fall in love with any of the character. Maybe I need to read all books in the series before I can understand this dystopian world.

2. The Hit (Will Robie) by David Baldacci - The second book I read in Will Robie series. I am reading the series backward and I still enjoy the book. I do want this book to be a movie. I love Robie and Reel characters. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...