Friday, July 18, 2014

Ignite Me : Book Review

Ignite Me (Shatter Me) by Tahereh Mafi

day 194

What this book is about?
"The heart-stopping conclusion to the New York Times bestselling Shatter Me series, which Ransom Riggs, bestselling author of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, called “a thrilling, high-stakes saga of self-discovery and forbidden love.”
With Omega Point destroyed, Juliette doesn’t know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won’t keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world . . . but that’s not all he wants with her.
The Shatter Me series is perfect for fans who crave action-packed young adult novels with tantalizing romance like Divergent by Veronica Roth, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and Legend by Marie Lu. Tahereh Mafi has created a captivating and original story that combines the best of dystopian and paranormal, and was praised by Publishers Weekly as “a gripping read from an author who’s not afraid to take risks.” Now this final book brings the series to a shocking and satisfying end." excerpt from amazon.com

What I like about the book?

- the book cover is the first thing that drawn me to the book. It's so amazingly beautiful.
- this is my first dystopian series I have ever read. It feels weird at first but once I got into the story I find it very entertaining.
- I like Ignite Me the best just because I think Juliette grew up so much in this book. I like her positivity and her strength.
- Juliette and Adam relationship reminded me a lot  about my own relationship
- Quotes like these make me love reading the book. It's beautifully written.

   “For so many years I lived in constant terror of myself. Doubt had married my fear and moved into my mind, where it built castles and ruled kingdoms and reigned over me, bowing my will to its whispers until I was little more than an acquiescing peon, too terrified to disobey, too terrified to disagree.
I had been shackled, a prisoner in my own mind”

“Adam looks at me, surprised by my reaction.
“It’s not like I want this,” he says. “But I can’t see how we could possibly fight back without getting ourselves killed. I’m trying to be practical.” He runs an agitated hand through his hair. “I took a chance,” he says, lowering his voice. “I tried to fight back, and it got us all massacred. I shouldn’t even be alive right now. But for some crazy reason, I am, and so is James, and God, Juliette, so are you”
This statement made me hate Adam. Being with someone that is so negative about life really can wear you down.

- and the part that I like the most.....
“I take a tight breath. Focus on the brightest star in the sky. “I like the way I feel about myself when I’m with him,” I say quietly. “Warner thinks I’m strong and smart and capable and he actually values my opinion. He makes me feel like his equal—like I can accomplish just as much as he can, and more. And if I do something incredible, he’s not even surprised. He expects it. He doesn’t treat me like I’m some fragile little girl who needs to be protected all the time”
I really like this part. Wish I could find someone who can make me feel this way. It's such a wonderful and strong feeling to have.

- I really recommend this book if you love young adult and dystopian type of book. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...