Wednesday, July 2, 2014

8 useful apps for Ramadan [ipad version]

Ramadan is here, greeting us with a little bit of El Nino heat and very dry temperature. I am super duper excited to meet Ramadan because no more distraction of food during the day. I can get a lot of things done during the day without any distractions. 

Today I would love to share a few apps that I find useful to help me focus, plan and organised my life during the month of Ramadan

8 useful apps for Ramadan

8apps-ramadan

#1. iQuran HD
This is my go to iQuran HD app on my ipad since the begining. I think this is one of the first app I've purchased when I first got my ipad two years ago. If I'm not mistaken  iQuran app is only available on ipad. I used this app daily especially during the month of Ramadan. If I don't have the time to Tadarus with others, I used the downloadable reciter from iQuran as a Tadarus partner. It's available to me 24/7. And I also love the design.

#2. Alarm clock
You need a good and reliable alarm clock this month so that you will not miss your Sahur, which is way early in the morning (pre-dawn period). I really need a good and beautiful alarm clock that comes with annoying sound to wake me up. 

#3. Muslim Pro
I just discovered Muslim Pro app last Sunday and I am totally loving it. It is definitely one of must have app during Ramadan. Some of the cool features I am loving are:
    -It has a timetable for Ramadan which you can screen capture or print
  - It can detect the local pray time almost accurately. I just need to adjust Maghreb time by +2minutes
  - It also has a build in Quran in the app. I haven't used the build in Quran yet because I recite my Quran verses from iQuran app.
  - It can search for a near Mosques or for halal food near you
  - It has asma al-husna build in the app which you can use
  - and the cool thing is it has a greeting cards build in.

#4. iPeriod [Useful for woman]   
If you have been using iPeriod tracker app for awhile then it is going to be super duper useful during Ramadan. This app can calculate your estimate next period due date so you can plan ahead

#5. DayOne app
I have mention a lot about DayOne app and I still think it's a useful app especially during this holy month where you can use it to capture things that happened in Ramadan, your thoughts, your feelings and your life in general on the go. It can also be use to capture the food that you are eating during this month as a way to take stock of what you have been eating.

#6. Evernote
Evernote is also another app that I have been raving about since two years ago. It's a versatile note taking apps that sync with all your devices. You can use this app to jot down your to do lists and goals you want to achieve this month. You can write down your groceries lists in here and you can also plan your blog content right in your Evernote. 
It's great place for you to plan and schedule your life a head of time because when Ramadan comes, things will move so much quicker just because there are so many things you have to do and can do only during Ramadan.

#7. iBook
If you are taking a break from reciting Quran, you can use iBook to catch up on your reading. I have lots of ebook on my shelf waiting to be read. I usually limit my online surfing during this month. I like to get unplugged as much as possible so that I don't get distracted. iBook is the best way to read book and not get connected

#8. Quran Majeed
 Another Quran app that I like to have in my collection. I like that you can adjust the font and the size of the surahs. I usually used Quran Majeed to recite long surahs or verses during Terawikh prayer. It's a fun way to memorise stuffs without getting stress out

Do you have any other apps that you used 
everyday during the month of Ramadan


3 comments:

Muhammad Usman Raza said...

I want to share one of the biggest Islamic App like: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zimnix.deenwise.
Where you can find a lot of features:
- Silence Zone feature turns your phone to silent when you enter in the Praying Area. It will enable the sounds when you leave the mosque!
- Accurate Prayer Times according to Geographical Location
- Digital Tasbeeh helps you to count your Zikr everywhere and anywhere
- Find Nearest Mosque or praying area to your location
- The Whole Quran, Audio Recitation and English & Urdu Translation.
- Islamic Readings include: Hadees, Islamic Quotes, Six Kalmas, Dua and Haroof e Muqattat
- Ramadan Portal with Ramadan Duas, Calendar, Deals, Timings and Alarms for Sehr & Iftar.
- 99 Names of Allah and Muhammad (PBUH)
- Azaan
- Namaz Counter
- Qiblah Finder
- Zakaat Calculator
- Islamic Hijri Calendar
- Islamic Events Calendar

Muhammad Usman Raza said...

Prayer timing is yet another app from Deenwise with an easy to use interface, displaying daily prayer times (Fajr, Zuhr, Asr, Magrib, Isha) according the location. This modern freeware app Prayer timing can help Muslims perform daily prayers anywhere in the world in time. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zimnix.deenwise.prayertimes

Muhammad Usman Raza said...

Prayer timing is yet another app from Deenwise with an easy to use interface, displaying daily prayer times (Fajr, Zuhr, Asr, Magrib, Isha) according the location. This modern freeware app Prayer timing can help Muslims perform daily prayers anywhere in the world in time.
For Prayer times, Hanafi and Shafi methods are available in this app. You can also select a Prayer time convention accordingly. It runs in the background, automatically displaying reminders at the appropriate times each day. You can also activate/deactivate the notifications in order to be informed when it is time, so that you won’t miss any prayer.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zimnix.deenwise.prayertimes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...