Tuesday, July 8, 2014

5 ways to document your Ramadan

Today is the 10th day of Ramadan. It means in twenty days we will be celebrating Eid and saying goodbye to Ramandan. For me, it's not easy saying goodbye to the month that mean so much to me. 

One way to keep the feeling and the memories of your Ramadan alive is to document it. Every Ramadan is different and every Ramadan brings something different. Having some sort of documentation of your journey is going to be so precious in the year to come.

Here are some of the ways I am going to document my journey this year...

5waysdoc

Keep Ramadan daily photo prompt with you


I made a #ramadandaily photo prompt lists this year to help me document each day and try to be as close as possible to capture my right now. Having a list like this help me mentally prepare about what to capture and look for on that day. I love knowing what to do and what to expect.

Keep your camera with you all the time

You can't capture your memory without some sort of camera. The trick for successful daily documenter is having a camera with you all the time. That is why smartphone camera has been one of my go to camera because I have my phone with me all the time. Invest in a good compact camera is also a good idea if you are aiming for quality. That is why I am loving taking photos with my SONY NEX-5 - it's light, compact and the picture quality is amazing.


Commit a time to write in your journal once a day


Sometimes it's not enough to only have your memory in photos. Having some sort of description about the photo, the feeling and the thought related to it, give the memory life. In 10 years, you might not remember why you took the photo in the first place. It's always a good idea to journal your memory. I used my DayOne app to document my journey.



The only trick is to set a side a time in the day to do so. DayOne app has a reminder that you can set to remind you to journal. So pick a time when you are less distracted and just write.


Don't be afraid of self portrait a.k.a selfie

Selfie has been getting a lot of negative review lately. It's the thing people make fun of and abuse. I have always been a fan of self portrait. Being a family photographer and the one behind the camera all the time, you need to self portrait a.k.a selfie to get yourself in the photo. You have a story to tell and you might as well do a selfie and tell the story yourself.


Invest in a photo printer


Having a tool that can print out your beautiful memories in an instant is always a good investment. I can see why my mom hate digital photos. She love having a hardcopy of the memory in an album where she can enjoy them anytime she like without having to plug in. In turns out she's right. Having something tangible that you can touch and hold brings out a different experience. It's totally amazing. I am loving my Canon Selphy CP900 and Instax Share SP-1 Printer. Both can print wirelessly and you get your memory printed out in a second.

The most important thing is to enjoy your Ramadan, be good to others and yourself and remember ALLAH always.

HAPPY RAMADAN AL-MUBARAK!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...