Friday, June 13, 2014

The Target [ David Baldacci]

I am finally started to read again and it's all thanks to audible. At the end of last month I become a member of audible and I got a free audio book. I choose The Target by David Baldacci. It's the third book featuring Will Robie. I really enjoy the audio book version of this novel. It really helps me to focus and get the hang of the storyline. I also download the ebook version of the book and this speed up my reading tremendously. 


"The President knows it's a perilous, high-risk assignment. If he gives the order, he has the opportunity to take down a global menace, once and for all. If the mission fails, he would face certain impeachment, and the threats against the nation would multiply. So the president turns to the one team that can pull off the impossible: Will Robie and his partner, Jessica Reel.

Together, Robie and Reel's talents as assassins are unmatched. But there are some in power who don't trust the pair. They doubt their willingness to follow orders. And they will do anything to see that the two assassins succeed, but that they do not survive." excerpt from amazon.com

What do I think about the book?
 - I love the character portray in the book including Chung Cha
 - I never thought that North Korea is that bad. It makes me feel so bless living in my country even though the freedom of speech is a little bit limited
 - I am so sure about Earl storyline fit in this book. Maybe I should read the first two book to get a better understanding.
  - I would love to see these characters live on motion picture. It will  make a great action movie
 - Reading about the president and the first lady reminds me of Scandal... heheh

My next book: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - this is totally not The Target but I think I need a break from action thriller novel.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...