Monday, June 23, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars and Fangirl

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green is the second book I've finished this month. This is the first John Green's book I read.


"Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten" excerpt from amazon.com

What I like about the book
  • I really love the way John Green portray Hazel in the book
  • It is well written for a very serious subject
  • Of course I cried
  • I can't wait to see the movie
  • and I also like the audible version of the book. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell is the third book I've finished this month. Another young adult book in my collection and this is definitely the first book I owned by this author. And there's no audible version of the book

day 167

"Cath's sister has mostly grown away from fandom, but Cath can't let go. She doesn't want to.
Now that they're going to college, Wren has told Cath she doesn't want to be roommates. Cath is on her own, completely outside of her comfort zone. She's got a surly roommate with a charming, always-around boyfriend, a fiction-writing professor who thinks fan fiction is the end of the civilized world, a handsome classmate who only wants to talk about words . . . And she can't stop worrying about her dad, who's loving and fragile and has never really been alone." excerpt from amazon.com


What I like about the book
  • I can totally relate to Cath
  • Ahhhh to be young and in love
  • Reading this book brings back a lot of memories for me
  • I don't really get the fan fiction part of the story but I am willing to ignore that just because I love the characters
  • I wish I cloud write thousands of words in a day
My next book is either The Hit (Will Robie) by David Baldacci or Mr. Mercedes: A Novel by Stephen King. I haven't decided yet


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...