Friday, May 16, 2014

Reality Bites

I have been bitten by reality bug today. I am not seeing the result that I am hoping for. I have been doing so many things and reduce the potion of what I ate to get into my healthy weight, (which is around 58kg) but somehow not matter what I did, I am still not getting anywhere. Being forty plus and slightly over weight is something new to me. I have never face with this kind of problem before. I guess my body works differently that it used to. 


[Image credit: from pinterest]

I need to do something. Maybe workout for just 25 minutes a day isn't enough for me anymore. Maybe I need to focus more on weight training rather than cardio. Maybe I ate a lot than I should, maybe I should cut down on my sugar intake. There are so many maybes comes to mind. I just really need to do something about it. What I have been doing so far doesn't seems to work anymore. I need to reassess, audit what my habits are, experiment and see which approach fits me at this point in time. I just hope that I am not going through menopause. 

So for the first week of my experiment I decided to...
1. Change my diet 
2. Document what I eat and drink for one week. I am going to use my DayOne app for this
3. I will also be documenting how I feel about the food, the workout and anything in between for one week. This will be a good point to start. I need to assess which method works and which method doesn't. It feels like my body is going through some changes and I have no idea what is going on
4. Consume at least one glass of hot green tea at least once day
5. Make a one week workout plan that includes cardio for 25 minutes per day, weight workout and pilates 
6. Fast from Monday to Friday to train my body to adapt to less carbo intake per day
7. Drink at least 2 litter of water even though on the days of fasting

My goal for this week is to loose at least 1kg. It's a little bit drastic I know but I just want to see if I am able to loose the weight. At this point I don't really care if it's water weight or fat. I just want to see the scale moving down instead of moving up.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...