Friday, May 30, 2014

Finally a solution I have been waiting for

I love books and I love to read. I don't really know what happened why lately I am having trouble starting a book and finished them. I got easily distracted and finding a quiet and calm moment to just read has been a constant challenge.


[photo credit taken from pinterest]

Last Tuesday I discovered Audible. I was a little bit skeptical about listening to a book. I am not sure if I can follow the story without the actual action of reading.

Since I am a new user, I got to try Audible for free for the first 30 days and I can download one book for free. I decided to purchased The Target by David Baldacci. I already bought The Hit by the same author but I have not finished reading the book.

What I like about audible?
1- Listening to the narrated version of the book turns out to be so much fun. I love having someone reading the boom to me with a deep and soothing voice.
2- I can listen to the book while driving. Since I spent a lot of my time on the road, it really helps me read while driving.
3- I also have an ebook version of the book and this help me follow through and improve my vocab and pronunciation of unfamiliar words.
4- By the way I am using my iphone and ipad as my audible player. The content is available on all my devices via cloud sync.

I have been told that the new generation reads but not like the conventional reading style. It was very hard for me to accept the fact that you are still reading even if you just watch or listen. Now I understand.
I have read 25 chapters in three days and it is an amazing progress for me. I can see myself finishing this book in less than a week. Love love audible.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...