Tuesday, May 6, 2014

1997

Dear Hazim
I am feeling a little bit nostalgic on your birthday. 1997- 17 years ago I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. We called him Hazim. Little did we know that having a child changed our lives completely. We become parents for the first time and I become a mother.


Being a mother is something I am not really prepared for. You heard a lot of cute and beautiful thing about being a mother but nobody really told you about the constant crying, the late night feeding and the juggling between staying awake and driving to work the next day.


I do remember the day at the hospital when my brother asked me about weather I want to have another child and I immediately say no. The pain was too much for me to handle.

Now 17 years later, I have three other kids. Raising you, even though challenging at times, really makes me realized how much I love being a mother. The joy of motherhood is something I would not trade for anything. I love being your mom.

You grow up beautifully. You are kind, compassionate and thoughtful. I feel so bless to have you in my life. Sometimes I just felt like you grow up in a blink of an eye. You are no longer a baby, you are becoming a young man.

I love you dearly...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Ayu Firzara said...

Happy besday HAZIM...

ilass said...

such a beautiful entry....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...