Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Thinking

I have been struggling with my word lately. I realise that writing takes a lot of thinking and require you to be present when you write. Ever since I lost a friend on flight MH370 last month, I have been having this emotional turmoil that I just don't know how to handle. Am I sad or am I angry or am I disappointed or am I relief or am I guilty? Your brain wants to accept the lost but your heart still believe that he is still alive and hoping to see him again. 
So this month, when I received April assignments I decided to be more active and invite my one little word into my life more including writing in my journal, making an art journal and blogging about it.
I saw this blog hop about My Details class, by Megan and Kristin, that prompt about thinking. I immediately thought that it would be great to write and make an art journal out of it. I am still thinking weather I want to sign up for the class or not. I am sure the class would be great for me and my one little word but I am not sure if I can commit. 
This is what I came up with. I used Storyteller April Kit by Just Jaimee for this layout.

 thinking-web

The Journaling

"I used to think that when I reached 40 life  would be normal and stable. I got nothing to
worry about. Now when I think about it nothing is ever be normal or  permanent. Nothing in this world belong to us. Everything belongs to Allah including myself. The faster I understand it, the easier I can accept life as is and be greateful for what I have.
When I think back to the time when I was in High School,  where my whole life center on getting a good results in my exam, how I believed that my life will be better if I got straights A’s.. how
untrue that was. Yes, you will have a lot of opportunities and choices when you  get good results but that does not secure you a happy and healthy life. I know that I can’t  impose the same teaching to my kids because their lives are different from mine. 
They have information at their finger tips. I think for my kids, the most important thing is to teach them the knowledge and the wisdom to filter out information (which to keep which to discard) and making the right choices base on Islamic teaching. No matter how advance we get, what Allah teaches us in Quran is valid. Allah is the one who created us of course Allah knows everything. I am so very thankful that I still have my freedom (in away at least, even though I can’t choose which are got to have water or not), I still can choose either to be happy or stress out. I choose to see that Life is Beautiful"
---------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Megan Anderson said...

This is a beautiful and deep take on the blog hop prompt! Thank you for sharing it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...