Thursday, September 27, 2012

Tutorial // basic clipping mask

lifeisbeautiful

Last week I made a Project Life page where I include one photo into more than one rectangle. You asked me how I do it and today I would love to share this simple technique using clipping mask tool in Adobe Photosop. It is a very useful tool especially when you play with templates.

Today I will share with you how I made the above effect.

#1. Have a template with ready with six squares of rectangles all line up the way you want to photo to look like. I have a freebie that you can play with.

image

#2. Open an image that you want to work with

image

#3. Drag the image at the top layer of your template and resize the image to your liking.

image

#4. Then copy the image six times and drag each images on top of the squares or rectangles.

image

#5. When you have all the images at the right place, click on each image, right click and choose Create Clipping Mask. Repeat until you get an image that looks like below.

image

I know it’s cool right! I love playing with Adobe Photoshop tools , so many creative ways to do things and make something pretty.

Give this a try and share with me what you make with Clipping Mask Tool.

Thursday Favorite Things

1 comment:

Katherines Corner said...

Thank you for sharing at the The Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...