Thursday, September 6, 2012

10 things to get content into Evernote

Have you ever discover a great tools that really changed your life? Well I have. Last year I discovered Evernote and I have been using it ever since with my computer, iphone and ipad for notetaking and brainstorming. Evernote sync perfectly between these three devices that I can access to my notes anywhere, anytime.

image

I really love Evernote and it’s flexibility. With the growing popularity of this product, there are a few ways that help you get content into Evernote:

  1. Type It. You can create a note and start typing directly into Evernote. The basic text editing is pretty neat. I used this when I am brainstorming ideas and in a meeting. You don’t need an internet connection to use this feature.
  2. Email it. You can forward or send email directly to your   unique Evernote address, and it will show up in your default notebook exactly like your email format when you print. I usually used this when I want to keep a copy of my online invoices in my Evernote so I don’t lost it in all my other emails content.
  3. Scan it. With Scanner application for iphone and ipad, I can easily scan my hardcopy content and send it directly to Evernote. There are also scanner that support Evernote which you can scan document directly into Evernote but I did do this option because I don’t scan a lot of documents.
  4. Pocket it. When I stumble upon an interesting blog post or web page, that I want to read later I just  Pocket it (ipad or iphone version). If I decided that I want to keep the articles, I just send them to Evernote from Pocket it Apps.
  5. Paste it. You can also select some text or images from your browser , copy and paste them directly into your notes in Evernote. I usually use this method when I want to keep my digital scrapbook inspiration in one notebook.
  6. Clip it. You can install Evernote clipping add on to your browser, so that  you can directly  clip any content from that webpage or blog  into your Evernote.
  7. Send to. You right click on your files and choose send to Evernote directly from your computer. To use this you have to install the Evernote for desktop version.
  8. Record it. With create New Audio File in Evernote, you can record your notes directly and save them in Evernote. This is cool but I haven’t try it.
  9. Photograph it. You can capture photos directly into Evernote especially with your mobile devices. It’s really help to capture photos of your wish lists or things your home project before you purchased them.
     
    image
  10. Open It. Most of my ipad and iphone apps support open it to Evernote. This is very useful when I have a pdf files I want to keep, I just choose open it and find Evernote. The files will automatically saved in Evernote and it will sync seamlessly between my three devices.

Do you use Evernote? How do you use them?
Does it help to improves your life?

Link up

Thursday Favorite Things

1 comment:

Katherines Corner said...

I have never heard of ever note. I think I may look into it. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop . I hope you have a wonderful weekend. xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...