Sunday, August 5, 2012

Are we or aren't we?

The controlversial logo of the 55th Merdeka Celebration


There are so many talk about this logo on the internet right now that I just have to chip in my personal thoughts about it
My random thoughts when I saw this logo for the first time ( things that makes you go hemmmm )
. What is the relationship between merdeka and janji ditepati
. Who design this logo?
. Will this be the right message we want to convey to our future generation?
. Does merdeka belong to a certain political party or does it belong to Malaysian?
. Will my kids understand and feel the spirit of Merdeka?
. For 55 years, is this the best that we can come out with?
. Are we really and truly mereka? Or are we just ... keluar dari mulut harimau, masuk ke mulut buaya?
. Somehow the whole thing, lack heart and soul.

I was so busy with Ramadan and Eid Mubarak celebration, I totally forgot about Merdeka. With all the negative feedback from the public and the person in charge about this year merdeka celebration, the spirit of merdeka is totally lost to me.

merdeka*51 years
(I am not sure how to make a layout for 55 years merdeka. I did the above layout when we celebrate our 51 years of Independance.)

I do remember when I was a girl in school way back in 1980's and 1990's . Every time merdeka came, I was so excited and so looking forward to what was the slogan and the logo for that year, always guessing and comparing the slogans and the logos from the previous years. During that time I've always think about what my parents life was like before merdeka, what the older generation have to do to achieve our independence. The merdeka song also made me feel the merderka spirit.

Now, I just wonder if my kids feel the same way I did.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...