Saturday, August 18, 2012

10 things I learned this Ramadan

Saying good bye to Ramadan isn’t easy. It feels like yesterday I was making my Ramadan Goals and now I am saying good bye to Ramadan. This year Ramadan is a little bit different for me. One is because I have a new baby in the house and another one I am a stay at home mom for now.

As always Ramadan is the month of teaching. Learn as much as you can during this month. Insya Allah, the things that you have learned will stick with you for the rest of the year.

mydailysomething

Ten things I have learned during this Ramadan

#1) You realize that you have been eating more than you should.
During Ramadan, you only have night time to eat and you usually don’t eat that much at night. I just realize that eating a small quantity of food during iftar gives you more energy during the day. I guess you body is finally get to rest during the day by not processing too much food

#2) You have been given the gift of time.
I just realize that by not eating during the day, I have an extra of two hours to do other things. Waking up an extra one hour early also help tp contribute to the extra time.

#3) You are as strong as you think you are
I can breastfeed my baby and fasting at the same time just because I think I can do it. I believe I will have enough and I pray that I will have enough milk for my baby.

#4) You learned patient
I think when you don’t have energy to fight, patient becomes instinctual. It does take a lot of energy to stay negative

#5) You are more closer to Allah than before
If you really do your ibadah during this month, you realize that Ramadan is the gift from Allah. There are so many good things, ibadah and act of worshipping Allah that when you do it in this month you will be rewarded multiple times compare to other months.

#6) Salah Taraweekh is not only good for your soul, it is also good for you body. Believe me you will get fit by doing this salah alone. Try contracting your abs during all 8th or 20th rakaʿah of the salah. 

#7) Reciting Quran through out the day really helps to keep your mind occupied and focus that this month is about Allah and be good to others

#8) You learned to be grateful for what you have
This month is just a reminded that there are people in this world that go days without food. Hunger has  become their reality. So we should be thankful  that we only fast from dusk till dawn.

#9) Ramadan is a good month to start, develop and maintain good habits
like eating at the same time as a family, plan and organize your day to avoid wasting time, energy and money.

#10) Niat or Intention is a must before you start your fasting ibadah
I realize that when you set your  mind to do something for Allah, Allah will help you. There are different between when you are not eating with Niat than you are not eating without Niat. Somehow with Niat you do feel hungry so much.

What do you learned this Ramadan? Share with me
Do you wish things could be different?

1 comment:

amranaiman said...

salam akhir ramadhan.. may this ramadhan brings a lot of meaning to u & famly :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...