Friday, July 20, 2012

Ramadan Goals

Tomorrow Muslims around the world are celebrating the month of Ramadan. It’s the month for fasting, spiritual reflection and worship.
“Ramadan is a time of spiritual reflection and worship. Muslims are expected to put more effort into following the teachings of Islam and to avoid obscene and irreligious sights and sounds. Sexual intercourse among spouses is allowed after one has ended the daily fast. During fasting, intercourse is prohibited as well as eating and drinking, and resistance of all temptations is encouraged. Purity of both thoughts and actions is important. The act of fasting is said to redirect the heart away from worldly activities, its purpose being to cleanse the inner soul and free it from harm. It also teaches Muslims to practice self-discipline, self-control,[15] sacrifice, and empathy for those who are less fortunate; thus encouraging actions of generosity and charity (Zakat).[16]” excerpt from Wikipedia

goalsforramadan Ramadan this year is going to be so much different from my previous year. This year I’ll be a stay at home mom with a baby (and I breastfeed too)
This Ramadan I intend to..
  • fast everyday (since I breastfeed, this might be possible)
  • Salah Tarawih every night either by myself or with my kids ( with a new baby it’s kind of hard to do it in the mosques)
  • take daily photos during this whole month to document my journey
  • recite Quran everyday after every Salah
  • talk less and read more
  • write my thoughts in my journal so that I have an outlet to express myself
  • eat less not more
  • try to move as much as possible during the day ( this might be hard because breastfeeding alone burn a lot of calories)
  • sleep at least one hour during the day after Zohor prayer
  • Iftar with my kids every evening
I am looking forward to this year Ramadan because for the first time ever I don’t have to worry about staying awake at work, beat the traffic jam and endure the stress at work. I can really take my time, relax and enjoy the month.
So what are your goals for Ramadan?

1 comment:

CIKU said...

salam ramadhan kak..moga tercapai segala yang diimpikan.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...