- anticipate what makes my kids tick
- smile even though my heart doesn’t smile with me
- not thinking about things that upset me
- focusing on things that makes me happy
- making fried spaghetti
- digital scrapbook
- making things pretty
Saturday, July 9, 2011
Friday, July 8, 2011
Front Cover Back Cover
- trying really hard to be a great mother
- wanting so bad to be better at something I am working on
- blogging has been my life therapy for over four years now
- finding new ways of doing things has been my thing lately
- I am 40 and loving every minute of it
- often daydreaming about what would happen if I quit my day job and just focus on doing creative things
- not thinking about work at the moment
- wondering what would have happened if I just say no and walk away
- trying really hard to love more and hate less
- I am missing this cute baby so much. She’s already growing up and suddenly I am having a young lady in the house.
Thursday, July 7, 2011
……………… so so true… it’s more important to be nice.
Anyway I have a semi good news to share. Remember the last Tuesday incident ? I’ve finally finished running the tool and now I have to recover all of the files. This apps recovered majority of my files but the bad thing was I don’t really remember which papers or elements belongs to which kits and which designers. Oh boy! And I have like more than 100,000 files to look at!
This should be a lesson to me.
- Never let the files grow without doing any spring cleaning and backups. I used to do backup at least every three months, somehow this year I just didn’t make the time to just do it.
- Make an appointment to myself to spend at least one day reorganizing my digital files, back them up and label them.
- Please be sure to reformat all of my external hard disk to NTFS file system. This will save me a lot of time during disaster
- Defragment the hard disk often, never say no to defragmentation
- And never ever drop your hard disk. Even though the hard disk price is cheap now but the data it’s hold is not cheap and sometimes it’s irreplaceable!
So dear blog readers…… if you have not backup any of your files lately .. do it now before the hard disk fail on you.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
** taken with Hipstamatic apps for my iphone
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
I don’t really have the mood for anything else today. The whole day I spend finding the right tools to recover my missing files. The whole directories of my digital scrapbook layouts were not accessible to me and the whole collections of digital scrapbook kits were lost! Somehow I find it very hard to breath.
The old me would be very upset and will stay up all night to try recover the missing files. Luckily the new me trying to see things in a different perspective.
The glass is half full point of view:--
- I have a copy of all my digital layouts on flickr. I only lost the psd files of the layouts
- I still have most of my zip files of the digital scrapbook kits I downloaded scattered around – in my computer, at the office, in my laptop.. I just have to hunt them down one by one.
- I am in the middle of recovering the missing files but it still scanning the hard drive. Hopefully I can recover all of them. I would be deeply heartbroken
- This gives me the chance to reorganize my files and do some desperately need of a spring cleaning
- I am rediscovering some old files that I have downloaded and don’t have the time to make some layouts. This basically scream a total make over of some of my old layouts
- Until now I am still unzipping my files. Wow! I really have too much data. I really wish they would have online storage backup for personal use with more than just 5GB free storage.
Monday, July 4, 2011
Sunday, July 3, 2011
I am taking a break from blogging about my brother wedding. I decided to give my DSLR a rest and focus on capture the day using only my iphone. This time I used PhotoForge2 apps for iphone. This apps is so much fun with so many beautiful and creative effects at my disposal. The only thing that I hate is I have to wait for each photo to load and process before I can snapped another photo.
Introducing Salina as the new family member to Mohd Hanafiah’s family. Everything happened so fast. From the getting ready to go to the bride’s house up until the wedding reception on Saturday. It feels like in a blink of an eye, my baby brother has become a man… hemmm.. How do I feel about all this?
- I feel sad, excited, heartwarming and exhausted all at the same time
- I am still trying to adjust to the fact that my baby brother is growing up
- hoping to get to know Salina a little bit better
- ooh and there’s one more wedding reception to go through, which is at my parents’ house, so I am looking forward to that