Sunday, October 30, 2011

What do I think // In Time

"In the not-too-distant future the aging gene has been switched off. To avoid overpopulation, time has become the currency and the way people pay for luxuries and necessities. The rich can live forever, while the rest try to negotiate for their immortality. A poor young man who comes into a fortune of time, though too late to help his mother from dying. He ends up on the run from a corrupt police force known as 'time keepers'. Written by THR Heat Vision " source imdb

What do I think?
* what will happen when time become your currency? that is a bit scary when you know you have such limited time left to live.
* I think Justin Timberlake acting has improve a lot in this movie 
* somehow this movie feels a little bit like Gattaca (1997) 
* I don't think I want to live in that world. Sure being 25 forever is very tempting but I sure don't want to look the same as my daughter. There's something about getting older and aging. You just can't put a price tag on it.
* overall I had fun watching the movie even though I just don't get the whole drama... in the end Timberlake and Seyfried becomes like a Robin Hood.. stealing time to give to the poor.. hemmmm I guess something don't change

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...