Thursday, July 7, 2011

It’s Nice to Be Important but….

……………… so so true… it’s more important to be nice.

Anyway I have a semi good news to share. Remember the last Tuesday incident ? I’ve finally finished running the tool and now I have to recover all of the files. This apps recovered majority of my files but the bad thing was I don’t really remember which papers or elements belongs to which kits and which designers. Oh boy! And I have like more than 100,000 files to look at!

*

*

*

*

This should be a lesson to me.

  • Never let the files grow without doing any spring cleaning and backups. I used to do backup at least every three months, somehow this year I just didn’t make the time to just do it.
  • Make an appointment to myself to spend at least one day reorganizing my digital files, back them up and label them.
  • Please be sure to reformat all of my external hard disk to NTFS file system. This will save me a lot of time during disaster
  • Defragment the hard disk often, never say no to defragmentation
  • And never ever drop your hard disk. Even though the hard disk price is cheap now but the data it’s hold is not cheap and sometimes it’s irreplaceable!

So dear blog readers…… if you have not backup any of your files lately .. do it now before the hard disk fail on you

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...