Wednesday, April 27, 2011

the last thing on my mind

Getting fit has been a struggle for me since January 2011. I think when I am approaching 40, my energy is getting a bit low and exercise is the last thing on my mind. I have an on and off relationship with exercise and working out. Sometimes I was so excited to do them everyday and some other times I just dread the thought of doing it.

09032011577

I really don’t want to get on a scale because I will get stressful with the digit. In my mind I always picture me with my ideal weight at 52 kg but I think I can only go as low as 55kg. Loosing that last 5 kg really tough!

I know I should set a goal for my self. In the spirit on my word for this year – Transform—I really need to do something to transform my weight to a better number like 55 kg.

I have about 2 more months till my 40th birthday. So I would really like to challenge myself to drop the kg to 55.

image

In order to achieve my goal I need to:
* drink lots of water especially when I am hungry (due to stress)
* exercise daily – I think I want to keep my exercise routine simple. So I am going to do Jillian 30 day shred everyday.
* eat less – especially no solid food after 8:00pm
* walk a lot, use stairs instead of lift (hemm can I really do it?) Maybe I  will try this tomorrow

-------
Notes: I went for a medical check up for officers 40 and above. One of the nurse asked me, are you really 40? I told her I am. She doesn’t believe me until she saw my identification number. That makes me smile. hehehe

3 comments:

Elena (Running in Heels After Child) said...

Well you should feel really good that you don't look forty- that might be better then being fit.

I have done the 30 shred- it was good but hard for me to maintain everyday.

I hope it goes well,

elena

cakeologist said...

The closer I get to 40 the harder it gets...when I was younger it seemed like I only had to think about losing weight to make it happen:)

Vanessa said...

Good for you in setting goals..it is so much easier when you have something specific you are working towards! I use the 30 day shred on the days I am not working out with my trainer or at taekwondo..it is a great dvd!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...