Thursday, April 28, 2011

10 things: dealing with regrets

Living life with regrets is a waste of time. Those feelings will consume you and make you paralyzed. It takes a lot of time and self healing on my part. I’ve read in Cleo about things you can do in dealing with regrets.

#1) Write down your regrets

#2) Examine them – Understood the reasons behind your decisions

#3) Change your toxic thought patterns

#4) Grieve losses that you have suffered. Acknowledge that you feel sad or angry about the situation

#5) Make amends -

#6) Identify lessons – make sure you learn from regretful experiences. Mistakes are fine as long as they are new ones.

#7) Develop compassion – Understand other people’s point of view & empathize. Have compassion for yourself too

#8) Forgive others – this free you from anger & pain

#9) Forgive yourself – Stop condemning yourself
- in order to truly love yourself you have to be capable of forgiving yourself for being a human tornado of emotions, fears and appetites

#10) Live free of regret
  - Accept what has already happened , learn your lesson and move on

Hope this little list will help you deal with regrets. Life is to short to be wasted on negative things. I really need to remind myself over and over again.

5 comments:

Kate Weber said...

I really needed to read this today. I've been looking back on my life a lot lately and have been beating myself up for the things I did wrong and the things I should have done and didn't. This post really helped me out. Thank you.

Simply Kate

CaDLyNN said...

oo cmtu cara nk deal ek...thanks for sharing :)

♥.::cintabunga™blogspot::.♥ said...

nice sharing ;)

SAPE BOLE TOLONG CIK BUNGA INGATKAN PASAL NIE, PLEASEE :(


cik bunga bengang ar publish entry tp tak kuar kat d/board.. da tukar ke auto pon die mintak kite set date & time utk publish.. tolonggggg~~~~ :(

Googlover/keishua said...

I really like this post. Regret is something that can eat the heart up.
Thanks for the tips.

Cherie @ Lots of Jewels' Blog said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog and following and I am a new follower of your blog. I really needed to read this about regrets! Lately I have been dealing with a few but this is a great reminder of how to learn from them and move on!

Cherie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...