Saturday, March 5, 2011

Basic scrapbook layout for beginner

I’ve been meaning to make a scrapbook tutorial for awhile now but somehow that intention get lost. I am very happy that today I get the opportunity to make a simple tutorial for beginner. I do asked about this a lot, so here it goes ladies.

The ingredients
Scrapbook Kit:
you need at least a two solid papers and one pattern paper. You can download some free kits here.
(for this tutorial I used Scattered Heart Kit by Flergs)

Software: I used Adobe Photoshop CS5.
(any photo editing software will do as long as you know how to use the features)

the layout:

iloveyou-web

Here are the steps

Step 1 : Create a new file –> 3600 x 3600

image

Step 2: Choose one solid paper you want to use as your background. Drag the solid paper into your file.

clip_image001

image

Step 3: Open a photo you want to use in this layout, convert them into black and white. Copy and paste them into your layout. Resize them to your liking. For this tutorial I resize the photo by 44%. Arrange the photo like shown below.

image

Step 4: Open another solid paper with different color (for this I choose black paper), use a rectangle marquee tool, select a few areas of the paper and paste them into your layout. Arrange and resize them to your liking. Do the same for patter paper like shown below.

image

Step 5: Go to your elements file and choose heart shape element.

image

Step 6: Arrange the heart shape element like shown below. I used two heart shape elements here.

image

Step 7: It’s time to write your title and some journaling if you must in your layout. I used Britannic Bold Font  92px and Calibri Font  33px

image

At the end your layer should look something like this

image

Saved your work in jpg format and share it to the world. I hope you enjoy this little tutorial by me.

XOXO

hanizeyecandy

1 comment:

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [06 Mar 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...