This challenge look like fun. Shaeliaza is hosting this challenge at her blog. Last year I did 365 Project and this year I decided to take a break from that. 30 days photo challenge seems to be a pretty good compromise. Something light and easy.
Contest date: 15th January – 15th February 2011
1. This is an international competition and there are no restrictions based on your location.
2. You must post the photos on your Tumblr or a photo-sharing website account because it's the easiest way for me check on what you've done. Another option is for you to create a new blog and this option will allow you to schedule your posts in advance.
3.You can post photos that you have taken yourself with any type of camera and/or you can post ones that you've found on the Internet, in a magazine etc. but please credit the source, Boys and Girls, otherwise you will be disqualified.
4. Enter the competition by leaving your name and link underneath this post by 14 January 2011.
5. You must use the above digital poster to spread the word about the competition.
6. Three winners will be chosen based on three categories: Humour, Creativity, Inspiration
7. Winners will be chosen on 1st March 2011, inshaAllah.
8. Prizes will be chosen after I pick the winners. Why? So I can personally pick the prizes just for you. Think of it as a mystery gift!
If I see that you're into fashion, I'll get you something related to fashion.
If you're passionate about Islam, then something Islamic-related.
If you're into saving the environment and eating healthy etc. then something 'green' and environment-friendly.
Day 1 - A picture of yourself with fifteen facts (you don't have to reveal your face)
Day 2 - A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest
Day 3 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show
Day 4 - A picture of something you'd like to do again
Day 5 - A picture of something you love
Day 6 - A picture that makes you laugh
Day 7 - A picture of the person you do the silliest things with
Day 8 - A picture of your hero / knight / heroine
Day 9 - A picture of you and the person who has gotten you through the most
Day 10 - A picture of your most treasured item
Day 11 - A picture of something you hate
Day 12 - A picture of your favorite memory
Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist
Day 14- A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without
Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die
Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you
Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently
Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity
Day 19 - A picture and a letter (choose any photo and write short entry to explain why you've chosen it)
Day 20 - A picture of somewhere you'd love to travel
Day 21 - A picture of something you wish you could forget
Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at
Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book
Day 24 - A picture of something you wish you could change
Day 25 - A picture of your favourite day
Day 26 - A picture of something that means a lot to you
Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member
Day 28- A picture of something you're afraid of
Day 29 - A picture that can always make you smile
Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss
1. Plan ahead and brainstorm ideas.
2. Keep it simple.
3. Scheduled posting is always handy if you know you're going to be busy on certain days.
4. Be yourself. This is your chance to express your thoughts and creativity so be original.
5. If you want to join in the fun but don't want to take part in the competition that's fine too!”
excerpt from her blog so that I wouldn’t misquote anything.
So what are you waiting for? Come and join the fun. It’s 30 days of photo taking and blogging all in one!