Saturday, November 20, 2010
" I'm going to smile like nothing's wrong, talk like everything's perfect, act like it's all a dream, and pretend it's not hurting me."
since the internet connection is very bad here.. there's no eyecandy for this entry. Oooo I really missed faster internet connection.
* I lost yesterday data! My compact flash card can't be read
* I got stalked again!
* feeling a little bit anxious
* slow internet connection really drives me crazy!
Friday, November 19, 2010
Day 23: thankful for my best girl ayu!
Wimpychompers has a new kit in store! This one is called Her First Purse.
"Her first purse or her favorite purse, it doesn't matter as long as she loves it. This is a beautiful collection of colors that co-ordinates with the kit "His First Love" to make an even bigger collection. It's perfect for a variety of layouts and just what you need for your stash. Also included are 6 different colors of alphabets in glitter and chipboard." product description from Scrap Matters
listening: Insya Allah by Maher Zain
eating: oatmeal drink.
drinking: nescafe classic
wearing: marron baju kurung which I don't really like.
wanting: more off time to do things at home.
needing: new shoes for tonight's dinner.
thinking: about taking a break for one year
enjoying: Glee latest episode
wondering: is there life outside work?
In the spirit of go green, I have this beautiful wallpaper for you, given to me by a friend of mine
Porbably taken from the internet
"the earth is one but one country, and mankind it's citizen" ~ Baha'i Writing.
To download click here.
credit: what I like about me by mellybird
I love the color and the elements in this kit. So 60’s. Lovely!
Credit: One Hip Chick by mellybird
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Windows Live Writer really changes the way I blog. Everything is so easy and simple when you use this tool. A lot of flexibility when you wanted to blog with photos or videos. I wish they made the mobile version for Android. I know they probably will have the mobile version for the latest Windows Mobile.
Day 22: thankful for Microsoft Windows Live Writer
To download this beautiful desktop wallpaper click here.
Here are some examples of her amazing work! I wish I could take photos as good as hers.
Anne Geddes baby all grown up! Amazing!
Sources from http://www.annegeddes.com. Visit her site for more amazing all grown up photos!
Why We Procrastinate? Click here if you want to know why…To combat that here are a few suggestions from Zen Habits
1. Stop and think. When we allow the above thoughts to go on without really being conscious of them, we procrastinate. When we actually pause and think about those thoughts, we can rationally see that they’re wrong. Instant gratification in the form of goofing off or eating junk food can lead to problems later. Fears are overblown and shouldn’t stand in our way. Not having negative consequences now doesn’t mean there won’t be consequences later. Our future self isn’t as bad-ass as we like to think. So think about what you’re doing, and start to do the more rational thing. Use the strategies below as well, but thinking is the start.
2. Enjoy the process. When we dread something, we put it off — but instead, if we can learn to enjoy it, it won’t be as hard or dreadful. Put yourself in the moment, and enjoy every action. For example, if you want to go out to run, don’t think about the hard run ahead, but about putting on your shoes — enjoy the simplicity of that action. Then focus on getting out the door — that’s not hard. Then focus on warming up with a fast walk or light jog — that can be nice and enjoyable. Then feel your legs warm up as you start running a little faster, and enjoy the beautiful outdoors. This process can be done with anything, from washing dishes to reading to writing. Enjoy yourself in the moment, without thinking of future things you dread, and the activity can be very pleasant and even fun. And if it is, you won’t put it off.
3. Set up accountability. If no one is looking over our shoulder, we tend to let ourselves slack off. So set up a procrastination-proof environment — find people to hold you accountable. I joined an online fitness challenge this month, for example, so that I’d report my workouts to the forum. I’ve done the same thing for running, quitting smoking, writing a novel. You can even just use your friends and family on Facebook or email.
4. Block your future self. Your future self is just as likely to put things off. So block that sucker. Use a program like Freedom to block your Internet access for a predetermined amount of time, so your future self has to actually focus instead of reading blogs. Turn off your cable TV, get rid of the junk food in your house, cut up your credit cards … do whatever it takes to make it really hard for your future self to procrastinate or give in to temptation, or at least force your future self to pause and think before he does anything dumb.
~~ sources from Zen Habits
Does these makes sense? I would like to add a few things to the list… when it comes to things that is important and “wajib” it’s so easy for me to procrastinate. These tips really help to be less procrastinator:
* eliminate distraction
* set a schedule to do them and just do it!
* remind yourself of the benefit you get by doing it
What is your tips to combat procrastination you would like to share?
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Thanks finie for this award.
1) berikan 1 nick name untuk saya.
I’ve been called Izah in High School
2) ucapan untuk pemberi award ini...
Thanks Finie for this award. Hehehe.. dah lama tak main tag ni
3) berikan 6fav artis/singer/group yang korang minat...
bab artis2 ni saya suka artis/singer /group yg mcm ni..
1) Brad Pitt
2) Wenworth Miller
1) Maher Zain
2) Miley Cyrus
1) Bon Jovi
2) Jonas Brothers
1. Ada antara kita datang ke pejabat hanya memenuhi tanggungjawab 'DATANG BEKERJA' tapi hampa, hasilnya macam kita ' TAK DATANG' kerja
* it’s important that when we come to work, we are there physically, emotionally and spiritually
2. Ada kala kita rasa kita BUSY giler, rupanya kita hanya 'KELAM KABUT' .
* planning your day and prioritize things can really help to get things done without overwhelm with the busy syndrome
3. Adakala kita rasa kita PERIHATIN , tapi rupanya kita BUSY BODY.
* so so true!
4. Adakala kita rasa kita OPENMINDED and OUTSPOKEN tapi rupanya kita KURANG PENGAJAR'AN.
* the people skill is really important in a work place. I think we need to have a lot of outreach programs and training to inject good manners in today generation
5. Adakala kita rasa kita berpemikiran KRITIS , rupanya kita hanya lebih kepada KRITIK yang mencipta KRISIS .
** something to think about
6. Adakala kita rasa kita ingin menjadi LEBIH MESRA tapi rupanya kita di lihat lebih MENGADA-NGADA .
* hemm this is more on how people see you. That is why presentation is everything..
7. Adakala kita suka bertanya 'KENAPA DIA NI MCM TAKDE KEJE', adalah lebih baik kita tanya 'APA LAGI KEJE YANG AKU BOLEH BUAT ?'
* change of paradigm is a must in a work place. the world is changing and I think it’s about time we “esp the govt” change too.. Govt 2.0 everyone!
8. Adakala kita rasa kita ni pekerja yang SEMPURNA,BAIK DAN BERDEDIKASI tapi cuba tengok dalam-dalam, selagi hati kita berdengki, jatuhkan reputasi sesama rakan sekerja (report kat bos kawan kita tak bagus dari kita) dan tak amanah (mencuri dan tak siapkan kerja),kita sebenarnya patut terima hakikat betapa kita lebih teruk dari dari anggapan kita itu sendiri.
* the glass is half full or the glass is half empty? which one we want to be?
So what do you all think?
Today, Muslim all over the world celebrate Eid Adha, the celebration of sacrifice and devotion towards Allah. So today I would like to be thankful to all the people who made sacrifice to make this world a better place.
Day 21: Thankul for Eid Adha"Eid al-Adha (Arabic: عيد الأضحى ‘Īdu l-’Aḍḥā) or "Festival of Sacrifice" or "Greater Eid" is an important religious holiday celebrated by Muslims worldwide to commemorate the willingness of Abraham (Ibrahim) to sacrifice his son Ishmael (Isma'il) as an act of obedience to God, before God intervened to provide him with a ram to sacrifice instead. The meat is divided into three parts to be distributed to others. The family retains one third of the share, another third is given to relatives, friends and neighbors, and the other third is given to the poor & needy. Eid al-Adha is celebrated annually on the 10th day of the 12th and the last Islamic month of Dhu al-Hijjah (ذو الحجة) of the lunar Islamic calendar. Eid al-Adha celebrations start after the Hajj, the annual pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia by Muslims worldwide, descend from Mount Arafat. The date is approximately 70 days (2 Months & 10 days) after the end of the month of Ramadan, i.e. Eid-ul-Fitr. Ritual observance of the holiday lasts until sunset of the 13th day of Dhu al-Hijjah." source wikipedia
* Eid prayer at the mosque.
* thinking about food at the moment
* thinking about my late father in law. He passed away one day before eid adha a few years back. Al fatihah to him
* can't wait to back at my parents house. I miss them and I miss the town
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
* makes me wonder why we don't have 3 days public holiday
* thinking about what to wear tomorrow
* wondering how I am going to survive the whole day without internet connection
* wish I could see my siblings tomorrow
I love pink. For the past few years this color has bring me joy and happiness. Somehow this color enhance my femininity and bring a lot of girl power. So today I would like to be thankful for pink. And thankful to all the pink products out there. Amazingly since the last few years a lot of electronic stuffs have pink including mobile phones and laptop. Hooray for pink!
I love this fantasy layout. So so cool. I wish I could make layout like this Dream Catcher by Miss Behaving
and this one Definitely Twisted by Miss Behaving
Happy Tuesday everyone! Be creative and innovative always!
* I have just finished with Day 3 of 30 day Shred workout
* feeling fresh and tired at the same time
* I just can’t wait for this month to be over
* I desperately wanting for things to go a little bit slower
* dreaming of a new laptop before the year end
* wondering if there is such thing as a good deed
* curious why every time I switched on the news , all I saw was political vendetta
* enjoying my Xperia more than I should have
* is twitter the new SMS for Gen Z ?
* The Vampire Diaries is the latest TV show I follow
Monday, November 15, 2010
For this month template challenge at elemental scraps, I decided to make a tribute to my 365 Project. I’ve made it this far and I think I just need to take a break and celebrate the milestone. Only 46 days left! Amazing!
template challenge at elemental scraps forum
This is my layout with the above template using It’s All Me Kit by Elemental Scraps Designers.
“365 days Project has been such an interesting journey for me. I did this project last year but quit after 8 months. This year I am determine to follow through with this project. I am happy that I am on day 319, only 46 days left. Somehow I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hooray for me. “